Hamilton

Paukea

24 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Had a blatant kick at Erskinho, which at any  time of the game was a straight red, but at that stage we wanted the final whistle more than any red card.

So it wasted a few seconds.

Thanks. I’m working abroad just now so will miss the last home games. Glad Dool’s 100the league goal mattered. Beat one really is a clown of a ref, no idea why he still gets to keep refereeing at all

Thought we played well, bossed both halves but lost a soft goal 1st half.

So many of that team looked up for it today, fought, chased, argued decisions and even played some nice football.

Good to see Archie tell the ref to F Off when he was spoken to over the wrong throw in decision.

Play like that next 4 games and we will avoid a play off place.

Final note the tributes to Lambie both vocal and visual were fantastic, well done to all

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

We live to fight another day. Good football first twenty five minutes but without a single descent cross.Our final ball waspoor all day.Fell right out of it after that and it looked like curtains. Glad to see archie left The fish and Dools on the pitch this time .Conners physicality made a difference. Dools scored with about the only good cross we put in all day and from then we lifted ourselves back into it. Edwards strike was excellent and what a relief.We won without any real outstanding performances but dragged our selves back into  it after a poor middle section of the game with great effort .I thought Cerny's handling and fielding of the ball all day was great and one terrific one on one save too. A lot of the same old failings there but we battled and battled until the end. A chink of hope

Had all the possession first half but every cross seemed to go to their keeper.The subs in the second half changed it.Great save by Cerny when we were 1-0 down.Great to see us coming back from 1-0 down and winning.Thought the crowd was brilliant right from the minute applause to the final whistle.

Tomas cerny must be the first keeper in history to be booked for diving! 

At half time the stadium was filled with apathy but it just goes to show what we can do with two up front. Thought sammon was excellent when he came on and also huge credit to Chris erskine for giving his all right to the end. You can tell he loves the club. As noted above no outstanding performances but a lot of fight.

The great lambino would have been proud. Well done lads. 

The first time in a verrrrry loooong time I've felt good going away from a game this season. Well done to the team and the fans who made today an emotional experience. You could see the fight today. I thought Woods was MOM rather than Spittal and Andy McA was great-pity he was substituted during the general  melee as he seemed to go off without anyone realising and without him getting the applause he deserved. Feeling confident for the first time in ages.

Well we got the result which is all that matters at this stage in the season. As others have said the 2 decisive turning points were Dools’ goal and Connor physically dominating the Hamilton defence when he came on.

hopefully we can take confidence from this game into our remaining fixtures! All we have to do now is to carry on winning.

Edited by stillresigned

Having watched it on BBC Alba, the two things that struck me most was that first of all it was a really good game of football to watch with plenty of passes finding their target and not too much thud and blunder,  and second the attitude of the Thistle players was completely different to that seen this season so far.  If we can repeat that performance and keep that attitude, we should be fine.  Erskine was immense.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

We're ****** now. Confidence is shot.

After a bright start for 20 minutes we've been rotten and guess what? We go and lose the first goal. To which the recent past suggests we don't have an answer.

Hamilton's defence has been outstanding.

Oh, and Blair Spittal - three crosses from good wide position straight into the keeper's hands is unacceptable.

Pretty standard post from you, how stupid are you feeling right now?

Phew! It is quite a while since I felt as emotionally drained after a game as I did after that one.

I'd have thought, assuming fitness isn't an issue, that the team in the second half should run out for the rest of the season. Putting both Salmon and Edwards on was a near masterstroke from a manager who has faced criticism. 

As an irreligious git, I did look up to the sky when we were one - nil down. I wonder what heaven looks like with doo-cots?

2 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Called it the way I saw it as always Metz.

I'm delighted for every Jags fan tonight.

Clearly you aren't though.

Fair enough Barney, that's your usual humble retort when you are wrong. What I can't understand and never will is how someone that is a so called fan does anything but support the team, club or employees off.  I respect your right to be a negative sniper that revels in the negative times of the club but don't ever expect or ask me to accept them.

4 minutes ago, Metz said:

Fair enough Barney, that's your usual humble retort when you are wrong. What I can't understand and never will is how someone that is a so called fan does anything but support the team, club or employees off.  I respect your right to be a negative sniper that revels in the negative times of the club but don't ever expect or ask me to accept them.

Eh?

Stay off the drink and can the personal attacks please.