Hamilton

Paukea

1 minute ago, Barney Rubble said:

Eh?

Stay off the drink and can the personal attacks please.

What aspect of my previous post are you uncomfortable with or consider as a personnel attack?

Ps I'll ignore the personnel attack that insinuates that I am drunk as obviously you are way above that level of post, and we all know you are definitely above hypocrisy.

7 minutes ago, Metz said:

What aspect of my previous post are you uncomfortable with or consider as a personnel attack?

Ps I'll ignore the personnel attack that insinuates that I am drunk as obviously you are way above that level of post, and we all know you are definitely above hypocrisy.

All I did was watch my team play a game of football this afternoon, and gave my opinion on it before, during and after the game.

What's your problem with that?

Edited by Barney Rubble

Metz,

Ad hominem attacks by either you or Barney Rubble add zero  to this web site. 

If the two of you have a dispute please find another forum to discuss it on.  We do not want it on here as it has nothing to do with football and more to do with who claims who is sober. 

This is a forum for Partick Thistle Supporters, it is not a forum for ad hominem comments. Sure, we can disagree about things, but disparaging each other is not really the 'name of the game' for this site.

Could you both  - 'ahem' - back off?

You are both stretching my patience and, given your considerable investment in this site, you do not want to test that. 

-----------------------------------

Oh! and Metz:

BTW, the word you were looking for was personal, not personnel.

1 minute ago, Barney Rubble said:

All I did was watch my team play a game of football this afternoon, and gave my opinion on it before, during and after the game.

What's your problem with that?

No that's what you would like every one to believe. You regularly post negativity and make accusations of personnel attack yet are quite happy to  resort to personnel attacks of your own when you choose.

you are not posting for your own consumption you are looking to get a point across and all too often that point is negative and detrimental to "your" club and employees within. I request and suggest that in future you think twice before you post your negative drivel.

From my point of view I've wasted far too much time on you, I'll go back to my beer and celebrate a win for the team, club, players, manager and fans that I have devoted my life to.

Metz,

Please take your arguement with Barney Rubble elsewhere.  I will delete any further correspondence between you and Barney Rubble, or between Barney Rubble and you on this thread, or excuses for this thread. . I will also acknowledge that I have taken that action.

I am a bit astonished that either of you would use this forum for a personal vendetta. 

To be fair I think it's a reasonable question regarding the persistently negative attitude towards the team and the management that is on regular display from many posters here. I have no doubt that everyone is a Thistle fan and wants the team to win, and I'd guess that many people use the forum to express their frustrations, and that's where it comes from. But I do think that there is a danger that constant negative posting feeds through the forum, to the wider support in general, and therefore adversely affects the club and the players.

I think we saw today what a positive attitude from the stands can do for the performance on the pitch. Great to hear on the videos, the Jags fans singing and getting behind the team even before we scored our equaliser. That's the attitude that will get us out of this position, not constant sniping about how pathetic we are.

So to those more negative posters; you may think I'm talking nonsense, but maybe just consider. If there is even the slightest chance that a positive attitude from the fans could help bring success over the next few games, wouldn't you rather be part of that?

• Like 10

Watched on Alba and remember thinking how, just before our first goal, that the fans had really started to get behind the team.

I think it was the difference and the boost they needed to go on and win.

Not always pretty but enough desire to compete and win.

Ref was p1sh and the pitch looked bobbly - those are the only two negatives for me and neither made any difference in the end.

Well done the Thistle support and the whole team:fan: 

18 minutes ago, allyo said:

To be fair I think it's a reasonable question regarding the persistently negative attitude towards the team and the management that is on regular display from many posters here. I have no doubt that everyone is a Thistle fan and wants the team to win, and I'd guess that many people use the forum to express their frustrations, and that's where it comes from. But I do think that there is a danger that constant negative posting feeds through the forum, to the wider support in general, and therefore adversely affects the club and the players.

I think we saw today what a positive attitude from the stands can do for the performance on the pitch. Great to hear on the videos, the Jags fans singing and getting behind the team even before we scored our equaliser. That's the attitude that will get us out of this position, not constant sniping about how pathetic we are.

So to those more negative posters; you may think I'm talking nonsense, but maybe just consider. If there is even the slightest chance that a positive attitude from the fans could help bring success over the next few games, wouldn't you rather be part of that?

First rejection of one of their posts. I.e. deleted.

I am not at all convinced that either person is using this forum for anything other than personal and mutual  dispute at the expense of the site itself.

Let us be clear, if you don't want moderation then I, for one, will walk away. 

This site, in the interim, will become toxic and, in all probability die.

No web site can allow itself to be taken over by petty minded stuff.

Your choice, dear reader.

Moderation or not?

I think we all felt like Barney at HT.

negative thoughts abounded. My neutral pal told me not to worry as Jags were by far the better team. He hadn’t seen us all season and couldn’t believe how we could be at the bottom. He’s a Championship man and assured me that we’d beat anyone if we get to 11th.

i told him we’ve seen it all before but this time the players and management were brilliant in adversity. Subs were spot on, Erskine superb.

Couldnt believe Spittal got MoM though. 

We can do this now!

6 minutes ago, douglas clark said:

First rejection of one of their posts. I.e. deleted.

I am not at all convinced that either person is using this forum for anything other than personal and mutual  dispute at the expense of the site itself.

Let us be clear, if you don't want moderation then I, for one, will walk away. 

This site, in the interim, will become toxic and, in all probability die.

No web site can allow itself to be taken over by petty minded stuff.

Your choice, dear reader.

Moderation or not?

Moderation please.

I've differed with a few fellow posters in the past but tonight is the first time there's been abuse for daring to have an opinion on the game.

37 minutes ago, allyo said:

Now when I sit in the JHS I hear lots of comments about the players, the manager and the team many supportive and many critical ....it’s called watching football ! There is a slight Stalinist element here that any critical comment is a betrayal of the  club - despite the fact that the manager himself this season has made many critical comments on the teams performance....

the fact is we have had a very disappointing season and may yet be relegated - hopefully after today we can survive - that’s a fact not a negative comment 

the only way to get better is to critically evaluate you performance as the great lambini did constantly 

Today we won a game of football deservedly. For the glass half empty crew a 2-1 win at home to Accies is the absolute minimum a club aspiring to stay in the division requires. For the glass half full brigade we showed a lot of fight, probably got the team selection correct with successful substitutions both in selection and timing.  One thing for near certain I doubt we did enough today to turn the pessimists into optimists but at least at the same time the optimists will not have their positivity dented.  That's about it.

10 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Now when I sit in the JHS I hear lots of comments about the players, the manager and the team many supportive and many critical ....it’s called watching football ! There is a slight Stalinist element here that any critical comment is a betrayal of the  club - despite the fact that the manager himself this season has made many critical comments on the teams performance....

the fact is we have had a very disappointing season and may yet be relegated - hopefully after today we can survive - that’s a fact not a negative comment 

the only way to get better is to critically evaluate you performance as the great lambini did constantly 

I can see the point in the manager critically evaluating the team's performance. That's his job. I'm not convinced that my critical evaluation will benefit the team greatly. 

I'm just saying that as fans I reckon our greatest potential contribution is through positive support. 

Obviously im not saying the fans can't criticise, that's anyone's right. But just a thought for whether our contributions are having a positive or negative effect on what we all want to happen.

You could say I'm critically evaluating our performance as fans. Or you could say I'm slightly Stalinist.