Kris Doolan’s 100th League Goal

jaggy

55 minutes ago, sandy said:

A quiet season by his own standards, but such a committed & professional presence in our team. 

Not had a lot of game time. Agree he is committed, professional and of course a Thistle legend.

47 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

9 goals this season to date. 

5 league, 1 Scottish cup and 3 League cup.

He can still have a major say on where we play next season.

Dools for 10 league goals anyone? I'm up for it.

If he managed 10 league goals I would think that would be enough to keep us in the league.

9 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

One of my very favourite Thistle players of all time.

An absolute gem of a man and a true professional. I'd like to think Dools will be around the Club  long after he hangs up his boots. With the training centre due to open and with his previous involvement with kids down in Ayrshire I wouldn't be in any way surprised if there's already a most suitable role set out for him.

• Like 1

Spoke to Dools at the Player of the Year event, and mentioned that I had proudly held up my KR1S D00LAN scarf after he scored his 100th league goal against Hamilton. He replied, "Well, it was good you were able to use it twice!".

True gentleman, true professional - true Jags legend.

7 hours ago, Jagged Edge said:

Spoke to Dools at the Player of the Year event, and mentioned that I had proudly held up my KR1S D00LAN scarf after he scored his 100th league goal against Hamilton. He replied, "Well, it was good you were able to use it twice!".

True gentleman, true professional - true Jags legend.

Had my Doolan 100 scarf with me at a number of games but didn't have it with me on Saturday . Still delighted he scored and it actually meant something as well.

I enjoyed his interview in Saturday's Herald where he said that he and Chris Erskine are fans as well as players and don't just go home and forget about poor results.   

One of the many reasons I love Kris is that I believe he loves Thistle as much as I do.

10 minutes ago, spandau said:

I enjoyed his interview in Saturday's Herald where he said that he and Chris Erskine are fans as well as players and don't just go home and forget about poor results.   

One of the many reasons I love Kris is that I believe he loves Thistle as much as I do.

They both attended John Lambie's funeral.

Surprised there's not more interest in this thread. Perhaps it is too upbeat for some folks.

Just to add my tuppence worth, he has been phenomenal for us. I hesitate to say it but he would be worth a punt from a bigger team and can't help but think if he'd played for anyone else he would have got greater praise and coverage.

Richard Gordon always makes praiseful comment but it's rarely greeted by others by anything other than people like chick young moving the conversation onto st midden.

A thistle great

1 hour ago, Thistleberight said:

Surprised there's not more interest in this thread. Perhaps it is too upbeat for some folks.

Just to add my tuppence worth, he has been phenomenal for us. I hesitate to say it but he would be worth a punt from a bigger team and can't help but think if he'd played for anyone else he would have got greater praise and coverage.

Richard Gordon always makes praiseful comment but it's rarely greeted by others by anything other than people like chick young moving the conversation onto st midden.

A thistle great

Stephen Thomson & Michael Stewart on Sportscene always commend Kris Doolan.

I am sure that we can keep finding more reasons to wave our KR1S D00LAN scarves. As he has scored only a handful of penalties and no free kicks or corners that I can remember, he must be coming up for the 100th League Goal from open play.

A combined DOOLAN200ERSKINE scarf would be good in perhaps a couple of years' time.