St Johnstone (away)

elevenone

Massive game looming especially with Hamilton playing Ross C and one if not both of them dropping points this weekend.  Would like to see us go for it from ko so with that in mind same team as Sat with exception of  Sammon replacing motm?? Spittal.  Edwards as impact sub and Osman to remain warming the bench.

A cliche I know but the fans just like the weekend could really be the 12th man here.  Hopefully also St J in holiday mode so 2-0 Jags to set us up nicely for under the floodlights next Friday for some Ross C revenge. :)

4 hours ago, elevenone said:

Massive game looming especially with Hamilton playing Ross C and one if not both of them dropping points this weekend.  Would like to see us go for it from ko so with that in mind same team as Sat with exception of  Sammon replacing motm?? Spittal.  Edwards as impact sub and Osman to remain warming the bench.

A cliche I know but the fans just like the weekend could really be the 12th man here.  Hopefully also St J in holiday mode so 2-0 Jags to set us up nicely for under the floodlights next Friday for some Ross C revenge. :)

As per team. I agree. Only change is Sammon in for Spittal and go for it.

I register the 3rd vote for that starting team.

I never understand how St Johnstone win any games. They're a dog of a team and easily the worst I've seen this year (and I've seen them 3 times). Playing them 5 times a season is just depressing. So lets get it right intae them.

When motm was announced last week at Firhill I was very surprised but after watching the full game again on Alba and highlights, Spittal  was more involved in the game than I thought. I would start with the same team as last week and hope any subs that are required  have as good an impact as last weeks had.

Edited by Auld Jag

8 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

When motm was announced last week at Firhill I was very surprised but after watching the full game again on Alba and highlights, Spittal  was more involved in the game than I thought. I would start with the same team as last week and hope any subs that are required  have as good an impact as last weeks had.

I thought the same

I think we will see the same team.  I don't see Archie changing a winning team at this point in the season.  Even if the argument is that the winning team included Sammon and Edwards.  Lawless wasn't great last weekend, but I seem to remember him playing well more regularly against Saints.  

3 hours ago, Paulo said:

I think we will see the same team.  I don't see Archie changing a winning team at this point in the season.  Even if the argument is that the winning team included Sammon and Edwards.  Lawless wasn't great last weekend, but I seem to remember him playing well more regularly against Saints.  

Indeed. Stevie Lawless has scored 4 times at McDiarmid Park, including an absolute belter in the first of those 2-1 wins that kicked off our amazing recent record there (6 wins in the last 8 visits).

• Like 1

Thinking of Stevie Lawless scoring at McDiarmid reminded me that the following 8 (EIGHT!!) current Thistle players have all scored there for Thistle (I have put the list in alphabetical order and included Stevie for the sake of completeness).

• Adam Barton
  • Callum Booth
  • Kris Doolan
  • Ryan Edwards
  • Chris Erskine
  • Stevie Lawless
  • Abdul Osman
  • Conor Sammon

Stuart Bannigan and Miles Storey have also scored against St Johnstone at Firhill.

Accordingly, to ring the changes, I am going for a 7-6 victory tomorrow, with our first 6 goals coming from Bailly Cargill, Christie Elliott, Niall Keown Andy McCarthy, Blair Spittal and Martin Woods. The winner of course comes from Tomas Cerny with a last second header from a corner as Archie throws caution to the winds in a desperate gamble to land all 3 points.

Apologies to  Danny Devine, Muzzy Dumbaya, Paul McGinn and Ryan Scully who will have to wait a little longer. Our bench is not big enough.

• Haha 2

To a certain extent, anything we get today is a bonus, providing we match whatever Hamilton do. With the 3 games to follow, I think we have a great chance to get 3 points more than Hamilton, so providing we stay within 2 points after today (goal difference wont save us), we still have the opportunity to at least make the play-off. 

That said, a win for us and Ross would make the league table better reading. While a defeat for us and a win for Hamilton would make next weeks game a "cup final" with us having home advantage