Partick Thistle vs Motherwell u20s

jagfox

Wishful thinking as Well will have to get back on track before their cup final appearance. Hopefully we catch them on the hop before they play a full strength team vs The Accies on Saturday.

Our record against Motherwell is actually pretty good when we play at Firhill so a win isn't out of the question.

Their last visit was interesting and a three goal half time lead wouldn't stop us baying for the ref's final whistle come the end of the second half.

Oh for a solid 90 minute performance on Tuesday. 

However the selection tombola will no doubt be back in place so difficult to predict a starting eleven.

Would be nice to have Booth back as Elliott's delivery from left back is just awful. 

Edwards was fine in the first half but seemed to have that sapped when he picked up a booking. Might not be a bad idea to have him on the bench on Tuesday? Lawless might be worth a start to link up with Erskine and provide some more creativity.

Big Conor didn't relish being posted out wide on Friday. Storey seemed to be the weekly scapegoat but he was unlucky with his volley that needed to be tipped over by Fox.

Didn't think Doolan had a great game and I'd have him next to Edwards with a view to come on in the final half hour.

Cargill took a knock so it could see Barton back in. 

I think the 3-2 win saw us start with a 3-5-2 so could be an option .

Anyway, tl;dr just win please Thistle. Thanks in advance x

Stevie has contributed very little this season apart from 100% effort.

I don’t think he would provide much to our attack. He’s always been a favourite but hasn’t produced this season. Not sure about Spittal though. He looked good on Friday but has not performed since September.

I was pleased with starting team but, as someone said, we resorted to the punt very early which was not very effective.

I’d probably start with Spittal for Sammon.

Barton showed what a good player he could be on Friday. He made a huge impact. But his lack of application, concentration, passion counts against his reintroduction.

21 minutes ago, Weebaw1 said:

Barton showed what a good player he could be on Friday. He made a huge impact. But his lack of application, concentration, passion counts against his reintroduction.

He doth giveth and he doth take it away. How do you know Barton lacks passion? And please don't say "body language".

If my memory is correct,in the 3-2 game in December Sammon,Storey and Edwards ran the Motherwell defence ragged in the first 35 minutes off this game then we just fell out of it and Spittal also scored a great goal direct from a free kick.Not saying they would do it again but no matter what team is picked even if 11th is now our aim this is a must win game.

Just under 4,000 Thistle fans at Firhill on Friday night and I was heartened to see a lot of youngsters there. With it being a school night I don't expect to see them all back on Tuesday but lets try and make sure we get as big a crowd as possible to cheer the players on to victory.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fawlty Towers said:

Just under 4,000 Thistle fans at Firhill on Friday night and I was heartened to see a lot of youngsters there. With it being a school night I don't expect to see them all back on Tuesday but lets try and make sure we get as big a crowd as possible to cheer the players on to victory.

Lets hope we can get at least the same amount of Thistle fans on Tuesday and they get behind the team as they did on Friday.Just seen highlights of Motherwell game and they did not look up for it .Lets get into them from the start and not let them settle.

Elliot’s delivery is terrible from the left so let’s hope booth is fit, if not get penrice in- though don’t think there’s anyway Archie will trust him. McCarthy and woods though energetic and good at breaking up play don’t offer much in way of creativity/going forward. Barton is a lovely footballer but whether his confidence had recovered/he can be bothered is another thing