dun (d-day) away

elevenone

Possibly the least important fixture we've had all season, compared with what is to come. Supporters' buses should be diverted to McDiarmid Park to cheer on St. Johnstone, because that is where our immediate future will be decided.

Scully in goal, because we can't afford to lose Cherny. Leave out any player who is carrying a knock or is within one booking of a suspension.

Massive game. Will be a big crowd I would imagine. Every player knows what is at stake. That is why we will promptly sh!t the bed, concede a goal early on, huff and puff, and get bugger all. 

Archie said in the paper today that "every Jags player is fighting for their livelihood." I pray that is merely platitudes, as regardless of whether we stay up or not, 75% of that team should be shown the door and told to apply their trade elsewhere. 

Our league status will be decided in Perth. Have no faith in our manager or players to get anything from Dens if our away record is anything to go by.

4 hours ago, Sivad said:

Possibly the least important fixture we've had all season, compared with what is to come. Supporters' buses should be diverted to McDiarmid Park to cheer on St. Johnstone, because that is where our immediate future will be decided.

Scully in goal, because we can't afford to lose Cherny. Leave out any player who is carrying a knock or is within one booking of a suspension.

We need to go for a win.Imagine its 0-0 in both games going into the last minute.If Ross county win  and we don't  we are down.Our supporters should be cheering on Partick Thistle as we have been doing all season.Remember some Thistle fans went to support ICT against Clyde in the hope that Ict would win the league and we would stay up because of ICT not having a suitable ground,that didn't work out well.

• Haha 1

I like elevenone's team. In fact I can't help thinking it could have served us pretty well all season. But anyway...

No question, we are more than capable of beating Dundee. Team just has to believe, and everyone needs to get behind them. 

• Like 1

Archie has been asking for the fans to get behind the team since the split. I think that we have more than done our bit  and what have we got in return 5 points out of a possible 12.not a very good return for all our efforts...  I dont  think it will make any difference to the score on Saturday if we have 100 fans or 1000 .        

OK everyone.

I’ve been wanting Archie out for quite some time. I’m sick of his tenure.

Whether you agree with me or not, however, one thing is for sure - we all want Thistle to win on Saturday. 

Which we can. The Jags can beat anyone (we don’t fear anyone - anytime, anywhere) and our support is, and always has been, absolutely second to none.

We all want Thistle to stay up and we still have the chance to to it.

Everyone who can, get to Dundee on Saturday to cheer on the club we all love. C’mon the Jags.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We must go for a win as our goal diff is crap..... if we do we have a good chance in the playoffs I believe

the problem is our away form is dreadful with just one win so in past form a draw would be a good result 

and tbh I’m not sure Archie has much of clue 

12 hours ago, allyo said:

A draw and a defeat are of exactly the same value. None. Either way it will take a Ross County win to relegate us.

I hope the team understand this. 

Very true and an important point (pun intended?)

Any news on injuries?  Wouldn't mind Booth back in particular, but hearing that might be unlikely?

I would go with the following in a 3-5-2

Cerny

Keown/Devine Barton Cargill

Dumbaya McCarthy Woods Osman Booth or Penrice or Lawless or A.N.Other left footer 

Erskine Doolan

I think we need Barton in to provide some insurance at the back and deal with Dundee's aerial threat at corners. Osman is needed to give some cover for the wingback's and allow us to attack down the flanks.

Edwards provides a better impact as a sub than a starter. Sammon and Storey on the bench also provide better attacking changes if required

3 hours ago, laukat said:

I would go with the following in a 3-5-2

Cerny

Keown/Devine Barton Cargill

Dumbaya McCarthy Woods Osman Booth or Penrice or Lawless or A.N.Other left footer 

Erskine Doolan

I think we need Barton in to provide some insurance at the back and deal with Dundee's aerial threat at corners. Osman is needed to give some cover for the wingback's and allow us to attack down the flanks.

Edwards provides a better impact as a sub than a starter. Sammon and Storey on the bench also provide better attacking changes if required

Your starting side seems very short of attacking players for a must win game. 

3 central defenders and 3 holding midfielders??

We should be starting fast & going at Dundee. A game for level heads - a lot on the line & can't afford a daft red card or penalty.

For that (and a few more) reason(s) I say Osman should be nowhere near the starting XI, or even on the bench. Too many times the liability & too many times posted missing.

Definitely got the firepower to win, just hope the mentality is there. 

Whatever happens, it's not going to be a fun 90 minutes. 

Oh, and correct me if I'm wrong, but I have a vague recollection of winning at Dens to stay up / get promoted many years ago - can anyone confirm?

Personally I think 3-5-2 can be attacking if you play recognised wing backs so I would actually see Booth and Dumbaya as part of the attack and with 3 holding midfielders less focused on getting back. 3-5-2 away to county failed miserably because we played Elliot and McGinn at wing backs. McGinn is not a wing back and Elliot is not a left back or left wing back however has proven to be a reasonable right wing back.

Also Dundee tend to play 3-5-2  and rely heavily on breaking fast through the midfield via Kamara and McGowan so playing a deeper holding midfielder in Osman should protect the back 3.

It'll never happen though as Archie is for reasons unknown wedded to 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-1-2 which gives us no width and makes us very reliant on Erskine creating an opening or Sammon bullying their defence into a mistake that hopefully Doolan can convert.

5 minutes ago, sandy said:

Thank fook it’s Livi in the play-offs and not the Tangerines....I couldn’t have taken that pain

Hope your right,but lets not count any chickens.2 Important games tomorrow at Dundee and Perth.Offcourse an away win at Dens and Perth doesn't matter.

On 5/10/2018 at 9:40 PM, allyo said:

A draw and a defeat are of exactly the same value. None. Either way it will take a Ross County win to relegate us.

I hope the team understand this. 

Rather a strange situation, as in results terms an away draw at Dens would normally be seen in a positive light.  Suppose we just have to go all out for a win, tho' in reality I guess just about everyone of us would under normal circumstances reckon that would be sheer reckless. Knowing we struggle to score goals, even more so away from home, makes me feel reluctantly that our best hope rests with St Johnstone.

2 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Rather a strange situation, as in results terms an away draw at Dens would normally be seen in a positive light.  Suppose we just have to go all out for a win, tho' in reality I guess just about everyone of us would under normal circumstances reckon that would be sheer reckless. Knowing we struggle to score goals, even more so away from home, makes me feel reluctantly that our best hope rests with St Johnstone.

And that's the worry. Knowing that it is in our own hands, but that we've been poor leaves it in someone else's hands.