dun (d-day) away

elevenone

3 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

We have to go for it in this game, go for goals and not get one and sit deep, as we know what that script will turn out, but we also need to watch for cards with (hopefully) two cup finals following and we will need a full squad for it

Spot on, no ifs, no buts we’ve simply got to go out and beat Dundee. We are incredibly fortunate to still be in the game at all after the way we’ve performed  this season.

I know it’s difficult, but there’s little point in hoping Saint Johnstone do us a favour, frankly why should they. We’ve got to approach this game as if only a win is good enough. 

To be fair if we can’t do better than 1 point from 3 games then it’s fair to say that it’d be difficult to make any kind of argument that we don’t deserve to be relegated.

All it remains for we supporters to do is to get right behind our team and hope that they can do the business,

Edited by stillresigned
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

And that's the worry. Knowing that it is in our own hands, but that we've been poor leaves it in someone else's hands. 

You're right. Me, I'm personally past the worry situation as I really feel our destiny lies in St Johnstone's hands. Put another way can anyone mind a situation where we've gone to Dens and been disappointed with only a draw?  Of course we can win, done that only last season, but it will still take a significant turn in recent performances to achieve the three points. Been impressed enough with the effort of the players since the split so it's not as if we can ask much more of them on that score.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

You're right. Me, I'm personally past the worry situation as I really feel our destiny lies in St Johnstone's hands. Put another way can anyone mind a situation where we've gone to Dens and been disappointed with only a draw?  Of course we can win, done that only last season, but it will still take a significant turn in recent performances to achieve the three points. Been impressed enough with the effort of the players since the split so it's not as if we can ask much more of them on that score.

Although both Wright and McCann have said they will not be doing anybody any favours,St Johnstone have more to play for as they can still finish higher and get more money.

It seems to me that this is still in our own hands. Stick Penrice on the park somewhere up front, just to take corners and free kicks. If he is still capable of doing it, his ability would outshine every other Thistle player on the pitch.  Hopefully, if we were losing, or otherwise had to get a point, playing balls into the feet of Salmon might be a tactic we could use, rather than kicking the ball into the sky. Quite why we did that after going 0ne - nil down in the last game  is a complete mystery to me. It was never going to work and it was, essentially, a surrender.

We can play football, we desperately need to play football. 

Can't believe people are saying it is in St Johnstone's hands. They have nothing to play for. We have everything to play for. Thistle must go out and win. Why does no one have any faith? We've been poor but we've lost one game and overhauled county since the split and given ourselves a chance. If you can't bring yourself to at least back thistle tomorrow in a massive game then I don't see the point. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, allyo said:

Can't believe people are saying it is in St Johnstone's hands. They have nothing to play for. We have everything to play for. Thistle must go out and win. Why does no one have any faith? We've been poor but we've lost one game and overhauled county since the split and given ourselves a chance. If you can't bring yourself to at least back thistle tomorrow in a massive game then I don't see the point. 

I have absolutely no doubt that all Thistle fans back the team. We are just venting our concerns. 

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, partickthedog said:

Seems ironic that we should be facing our Waterloo on the day of the Eurovision Song Contest.

Anyway, the name of the game is that the winner takes it all for the visitors and hopefully Ross County's hold on a premier league place will soon be slipping through their fingers.

Voulez vous la vert?

Edited by Garscube Road End

58 minutes ago, partickthedog said:

Seems ironic that we should be facing our Waterloo on the day of the Eurovision Song Contest.

Anyway, the name of the game is that the winner takes it all for the visitors and hopefully Ross County's hold on a premier league place will soon be slipping through their fingers.

If we win we can’t afford to crack open the Bucks Fizz as we’ve got another few games coming up. I’d say well done to Archie for making your mind up on the team selection.

If we get beat then Oh Lordi.

Edited by jags on tour

10 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

You're right LIB, can't fault the effort since the split, they're just not good enough. Strikers are firing blanks at the wrong time. V's well the heads went as soon as they scored. Gonna be very nervy

4 minutes ago, stuart_adam said:

Whether or not we get relegated, have to say - St Johnstone have made this a ridiculous situation by dropping the majority of their 1st team players when so much is at stake for us and county

It’s not their problem unfortunately. It’s a squad game, and if the games meaningless to them, what do you expect. It’s up to us now (bugger)

Edited by Duke Gekantawa