dun (d-day) away

elevenone

I don't know if Kris Doolan feels insulted at the beginning of every season when it becomes apparent that the boss has decided to once again give preference to some vastly-inferior forward.

All I know is that I feel insulted on his behalf.

Archie doesn't deserve Dools.

If Archibald is going to be at Thistle next season I hope Doolan leaves in the summer for some place where his talents are appreciated. Not easy for me to say, given Doolan is the best footballer we've had at the club in recent years, but I think the slight has gone on long enough.

• Confused 2

12 minutes ago, ScottyDFA said:

I don't know if Kris Doolan feels insulted at the beginning of every season when it becomes apparent that the boss has decided to once again give preference to some vastly-inferior forward.

If Archibald is going to be at Thistle next season I hope Doolan leaves in the summer for some place where his talents are appreciated. Not easy for me to say, given Doolan is the best footballer we've had at the club in recent years, but I think the slight has gone on long enough.

There’s certain games I don’t think are suited to his style when we don’t have a lot of the ball and we need an “out” ball in games, Doolan isn’t that type of player.

35 minutes ago, Yellow & Redneck said:

The first half was laborious and spineless. We struggled to get near the ball at times. Wouldn't be getting your dander up until next Sunday's match is over. Finishing in the play-offs today is a cause for relief, not celebration. 

Are you the Rev IM Jolly?

I saw the game in a different way to others who have posted above. I thought we were the better team for all of the match except for 15 mins or so before ht. Yes we'd all like to see Dools on from the start but the substitution worked perfectly. Obviously Storey had a nightmare but everybody else played their part and stuck to their roles. Lawless was back to his best and was my MOTM.

We may have to change the team for the way Livy play and even if we disagree with the selections, we've got to give the players the same magnificent support we gave today. Tam's reaction at the end said it all.

It won't be easy against this mob but if we are as organised as we were today our classier players will see us over the line.

54 minutes ago, ScottyDFA said:

And yet Doolan continues to sign new contracts knowing Archie is the manager. So Doolan is not insulted by Archie’s managerial choices, but you are on his behalf. It’s almost as if Doolan respects Archie’s right to choose his team and understands that means he will sometimes be in the team and at other times sitting it out.

10 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Well spent the afternoon in the abbey at Iona and all that praying worked !

Two cup finals coming up.....Livi will be up for it but hopefully today’s win will give us some confidence !

OK, but did you have to mention a cup final at Livinston?

3 hours ago, Yellow & Redneck said:

The first half was laborious and spineless. We struggled to get near the ball at times. Wouldn't be getting your dander up until next Sunday's match is over. Finishing in the play-offs today is a cause for relief, not celebration. 

Wow today really? But given it's you not surprising.

Nearly  as poor as the pathetic twat that decided that abusing Jags subs whilst they warm up is a bright idea. Thankfully roundly put down by those around him.

5 minutes ago, Metz said:

Wow today really? But given it's you not surprising.

Nearly  as poor as the pathetic twat that decided that abusing Jags subs whilst they warm up is a bright idea. Thankfully roundly put down by those around him.

My post was "nearly  as poor as the pathetic twat that decided that abusing Jags subs whilst they warm up is a bright idea." Gee yourself peace pal. 

Thought it was a deserved win today. A good team performance and from Barton, woods and McGinn in particular. Nothing I can say about dools that hasn't already been said. Motm by a mile for me though was lawless who I thought was immense today. Bring on livi, can't wait for Thursday.

• Like 1

I know some have given Lawless a hard time but for my money he's done whats been asked of him this season and we look a more creative team with him in it. His handful of games at left back were key to us not being detatched by Christmas. Barton in midfield seems to work with Woods but I think McCarthy is  a better option than Edwards as he seems more capable of linking play. Desperately need a proper left back Elliot struggled again today and we were fortunate McGowan and Kerr picked up injuries for Dundee otherwise they would have exploited his weakness in that position

Going by the Dundee United game Livingston's main tactic seem to be long balls with the hope of getting it in behind the centrebacks and then fighting like mad to pick up the scraps  They also seem to be a team who want to play a fast game and are very reliant on their subs to keep the tempo. So someone like Barton who never seems to panic could be key.

Anyone know if Booth, Keown and McCarthy will be fit for the playoffs?

This is a night for celebration not for in depth analysis but just while the game is fresh in the mind I agree Lawless was absolutely outstanding.  Sammon was worse than a man down and I'm genuinely sorry to say that whatever the reason Storey isn't up to standard at the moment and it was actually unfair to play him. Today won't have done a lot for his confidence, not sure how the manager didn't see that. If McGinn has signed a deal with St Mirren he might have been expected to coast a bit but instead also deserves a mention for an excellent performance. Great effort by the fans again today. The steward / security guys were ********* and out to cause trouble. Lets stay united and see off Livi.  There's going to be some interesting post mortems on the season whatever happens.

Just watched the game on Alba and we were the better team by a mile.Don't get R & Y's comment that we were spineless? Saw a lot of fight and commitment and maybe a wee lack of composure with the final ball but "spineless"?.We didn't make any stupid tackles but but that's a good thing surely?ol

As regards Doolan I think Archie feels he got to "pace" him trough the season rather than burn him out.

• Like 2