If you could pick one Thistle player...........

cyprusjag

Chic is a great shout, Albert the ghost or Rowson might also be a great asset in this team who are actually quite decent overall, were just missing a certain something this season and it's not really worked out? 

Edited by sb1876

Has to be Chico.  Always felt that he was in thistle's team we could beat anybody. Even if we lost he would do something during a game that made you thankful you were there to see it. Nowadays there is really only Erskine who the ability to do something different.

However is you were looking for a player to see you through the 2 games against livingston then Jim Duffy would get my vote. Not a great manager but a leader on the pitch who always looked composed and his timing in the tackle was second to none.

Well we scored a measly 31 goals in 38 games. My recollection is not so much missed chances as just not making enough of them.  So someone who could do both, create and score. Ronnie G and the Ghost are good shouts but Hardie would be my choice. You also get your "nutter" (another missing trait from today's squad) thrown in. 

All out of ‘likes’ for today.

BMMMH genius AND heidbanger, Two positions in one!

Ronnie G, Jackie Campbell and Kenny Watson would all make my list and Dougie Somner was first to my mind but that’s probably just a reflection of my age rather than any ability to identify footballing talent. 

I give you Alan Hansen from the past or Liam Lindsay for his beastie like ability at both ends of the park...

A peak period Sean Welsh would have been very useful to link up defence and forward players more effectively. Scott Paterson for defensive ability and bringing the ball out effectively from defence. Obviously Alan Hansen was similar and much better (world class), but I’ve imposed a limitation of players this century simply because I started watching Thistle in 2000

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Duke Gekantawa said:

A peak period Sean Welsh would have been very useful to link up defence and forward players more effectively. Scott Paterson for defensive ability and bringing the ball out effectively from defence. Obviously Alan Hansen was similar and much better (world class), but I’ve imposed a limitation of players this century simply because I started watching Thistle in 2000

Sean Welsh is a no brainer for me.

We failed miserably to replace him and it's cost us dearly. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1