douglas clark

douglas clark

I see what you did there.  Create thread for Livi game so we can all discuss tactics and strengths and weaknesses of Jags but in a way that the Livi manager will not find it when browsing the forum to get any ideas.  Genius. 

Speaking to some people I know who have seen a bit of them this season they sound exactly like the kind of team we might have problems with ie organised, high tempo and physical.  It’s imperative we avoid hoofball and sitting off them.  Get the ball on the deck and attempt a quick passing game through them could be the key.  Take confidence that Dundee Utd scored 3 against them over 2 legs and they are no great shakes.  C’mon the Jags.

They will be totally Douglas Clark.  

Hard working, jumping in to tackles and hounding the ball.  That sounds ominous.  But, we have players who can exploit the spaces left by a team doing that.  We certainly need those players to do the business, but if we can get the likes of Lawless, Erskine and Doolan on the ball we can make this happen.

The mother in laws a St Mirren fan. Watched all our live games and has seen Livi 4 times this season.

Walked into our house this morning to proclaim "im gutted you's are playing Livi, you'd have ripped Dundee United apart. Just pray they don't take a couple off you on Thursday night, because if they do, you'll never break them down on Sunday. They've got two giants at centre half and nothing gets past them, Lithgow has been one of the best players in the division."

"Aye cheers Liz, on that positive note, i'm away to work"

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, potty trained said:

The mother in laws a St Mirren fan. Watched all our live games and has seen Livi 4 times this season.

Walked into our house this morning to proclaim "im gutted you's are playing Livi, you'd have ripped Dundee United apart. Just pray they don't take a couple off you on Thursday night, because if they do, you'll never break them down on Sunday. They've got two giants at centre half and nothing gets past them, Lithgow has been one of the best players in the division."

Declan Gallagher will be the other giant. They've also got another defender, yon lad Craig Halkett we were  reportedly interested in. Plus a vastly experienced goalie in Neil Alexander. 

My mother in law is an Aleister Crowley fan.

• Like 1

Thanks,

Quite frankly I didn't know you all cared! What will amuse y'all more is I have no idea how to correct the mistake! I hope we win over the two legs and I'll be there for both of them. Could I encourage you all to come along too on the basis of  outing me?

There are better reasons for going, but, if that is what it takes....

13 minutes ago, Paolo said:

Just hope we don't go out with the mindset let's just get a 1_0 and get them to Firhill,.  We should go all out to try and get as many goals in the first leg hopefully,  hope we take a comfortable lead to Firhill.

Agreed. If we believe we are a better team than Livingston, and I think we have to,  then it's better to play them over two games than one. A longer game reduces the random element and helps to ensure that the better team emerges. So don't waste a minute in proving it.

And if we are not the better then we are not worthy of our premier place anyway.

I think my feeling is that we're the better team, and we can pass it through them with the correct players on the pitch.  Most of our good football comes when Doolan, Erskine and Lawless are linking up.  

Any news on fitness?  I'd really like to see Christie Elliot not playing left back. 

On 15/05/2018 at 3:03 PM, potty trained said:

To counterbalance : Livingston have won 4 of their last 12 games ( Morton, Brechin, Dumbarton, DU ).

ETA : changed to add the DU win - but that apart their end to the season was surprisingly mediocre.

Edited by One t in Scotland

20 hours ago, douglas clark said:

Thanks,

Quite frankly I didn't know you all cared! What will amuse y'all more is I have no idea how to correct the mistake! I hope we win over the two legs and I'll be there for both of them. Could I encourage you all to come along too on the basis of  outing me?

There are better reasons for going, but, if that is what it takes....

Look at your original post and click edit. If you can't figure it out but would like to change it just let me know...