3 minutes ago, MonehJags said:

Theres an argument that we dont play to his strengths. Then again there is a case we dont play to anybody's strengths. Take kris boyd at killie for example. How many goals has he scored and how many has been put on a plate?

along with the pies!

Storey to my mind is more than capable and entirely the sort of player that if we let him go would come back to haunt us. This year hasn't been great but his style of play is more suited to either counter attack where he has space to run into or where we have a midfield that can play high up the park and slip the ball in behind the back line.

At the moment we rely on Sammon holding up the ball to advance up the park and apply pressure. In previous years we've had a midfield able to pass more quickly and I think Archie expected that Bannigan and Osman would have still have been able to provide the platform for Storey and Doolan. I also think Archie thought Sammon would be on the bench most weeks as an option to come on if we needed something different.

Personally I think we have decent striking options and we should try to keep all three. A new midfield, centre defence and right back as well as a better stand-in goalkeeper are higher priorities

P.S. anyone who suggests Nesbit should be kept on clearly didn't see him play for Dumbarton, he's a Division 1 player at best

Other than the loan at ICT I don't think Storey has ever scored more than 2 league goals in a season.  If we put a statue of Doolan on the penalty spot more goals would go in than playing Storey. We don't get much use out of the penalty spots anway...

2 hours ago, Yellow & Redneck said:

Storey appears to be consistently played out wide. I would like to see him getting a shot through the centre and see what he can do with his pace.  

Funny, last season when Azeez wasn't cutting it goal wise folk were suggesting play him out wide and see what he could do with his pace.   

On the occasions he has played through the middle, he's ended up drifting out wide anyway, one of the double header vs the Orcs at Firhill near the start of the season springs to mind. He'd get the ball on the wing, look up, realise there was no-one in the middle of the park, try and bulldoze his way through the defence, and lose the ball.

I'm torn between thinking there must be a player in there because of his record at Inverness, and thinking total diddy based on what I've seen in red and yellow. I'd keep him if we go down though provided wages weren't an issue, that bulldozing approach might be better suited a level down... but let's hope it doesn't come to that.