Danny Devine

king of spain

Wow

in years to come his name will crop up in conversation and you’ll wonder how he managed to play professional football.

The rest of the teams pish aswel but you now and again see the odd redeeming feature in most of them this guy has absolutely zilch, nothing that makes you think he’s remotely close to being a professional football player.

• Like 1

Devine is without exaggeration possibly the worst professional defender in the Scottish leagues. But I don't particularly blame him for being rubbish. I blame our clueless manager who inexplicably thought that despite spending most of last season on the bench, he was miraculously ready to step in this season. 

Edited by Yellow & Redneck

5 minutes ago, Big Col said:

Unfair to single out Devine for being a total dud. The squad is littered with them.

I think it is fair. As I said other players can  show the odd sign of basic ability and possibly live off playing well in previous seasons (lawless for example) but this guy has absolutely nothing not one thing going for him.

4 hours ago, Lenziejag said:

I guess except for the ball to Doolan when he scored - or was that Booth

Definitely Cargill.  He can be quite good at well directed low passes into the attacking midfield area. One to Chris Erskine which set up the move for Stevie Lawless to score against St Johnstone is a good example. However, last night, apart from the one ball to Doolan and a strong driving run towards the end, he was generally reduced to the same aimless high punts as the rest of the back line.

Edited by partickthedog

2 hours ago, Lenziejag said:

I guess except for the ball to Doolan when he scored - or was that Booth

2 hours ago, partickthedog said:

Definitely Cargill.  He can be quite good at well directed low passes into the attacking midfield area. One to Chris Erskine which set up the move for Stevie Lawless to score against St Johnstone is a good example. However, last night, apart from the one ball to Doolan and a strong driving run towards the end, he was generally to reduced to the same aimless high punts as the rest of the back line.

The ball was played by Woods for Doolan's goal 

15 minutes ago, DazzJag said:

The ball was played by Woods for Doolan's goal 

Cargill played the ball into the area for the goal, it was clear last night and I just checked again on Jagzone 

Edited by jaggy