Crowd tomorrow

dl1971

11 minutes ago, dl1971 said:

If we could get 6000 or above could be a game changer. Full north stand would help. Nb why oh why do we almost always attack the north stand first half rather than second half? Bemuses me...

I think it goes back to the first day of the erstwhile North (now John Lambie) Stand when 2 quick goals against Falkirk launched our charge to the First Division title. That is all history now  and I too would prefer to see us attacking the JLS end in the second half.

By the way, if the game goes to extra time, is the third "half" always played the same way as the first half, or could we switch it then?

It goes back much longer than that. We traditionally attack the City End in the 2nd half & have done for many years, certainly since the fence went up in The Shed and that became the 'home' end.  Why should we change for a few hundred in the JLS? 

19 minutes ago, partickthedog said:

By the way, if the game goes to extra time, is the third "half" always played the same way as the first half, or could we switch it then?

Normally another coin toss at the start of extra time to determine ends and who kicks off

16 minutes ago, jaggy said:

It goes back much longer than that. We traditionally attack the City End in the 2nd half & have done for many years, certainly since the fence went up in The Shed and that became the 'home' end.  Why should we change for a few hundred in the JLS? 

I first started going to Firhill in 1959 & even then we attacked the City End in the 2nd half most of the time which I have always preferred.

23 minutes ago, Metz said:

No matter your view on this season get yourself to Firhill tomorrow to support the team anything less than 7,000 is a reflection on you. If we can do it for a promotion we can do it for a must win.

The fans haven't let the team down.Lets hope the right Thistle team turn up tomorrow.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Metz said:

No matter your view on this season get yourself to Firhill tomorrow to support the team anything less than 7,000 is a reflection on you. If we can do it for a promotion we can do it for a must win.

Dream on, we’ll get nowhere near that. We’ll be lucky if more than 4,000 Jags

I'll be there but won't be feeling overly optimistic.

The team hasn't turned up on so many occasions this season I'm not so sire they'll do it this time.The fans know how the team needs to set up and play but will they? If we lose a goal are we capable of scoring three? If it goes to extra time will our fitness hold up? It rarely does for 90 minutes.

So, as there's a good chance that we will get relegated today, how can we expect a big turnout?

(having said all that I'm still hoping that we'll do it)

11 hours ago, jaggy said:

Dream on, we’ll get nowhere near that. We’ll be lucky if more than 4,000 Jags

I dreamt and they responded we have nothing to be ashamed of it's the players that now need to look themselves in the mirror.  As usual you underestimate the club and its fan base.

48 minutes ago, Metz said:

I dreamt and they responded we have nothing to be ashamed of it's the players that now need to look themselves in the mirror.  As usual you underestimate the club and its fan base.

Nowhere near 7000 Jags. Between 5,000 & 5,500 so you were wrong and so was I. Double our average, so where do they go every other week?

What’s your 2nd sentence referring to?

21 minutes ago, jaggy said:

Nowhere near 7000 Jags. Between 5,000 & 5,500 so you were wrong and so was I. Double our average, so where do they go every other week?

Who mentioned 7000 Jags fans you clown?  We turned out and the team let us down. Thanks to those that made the effort.

2 hours ago, jaggy said:

So between 5000 & 5500 home support, most in colours as far as I could see so not many neutrals. So it’s the age old question, where are the extras for the rest of the season?

Always the same for these sort of games, fans come that don't most other weeks.Really surprised by Livingston support is their average not about 1000? Lets hope by the end of next season we have similar crowds because we are going for the title.

On 19/05/2018 at 11:24 PM, Metz said:
1 hour ago, Metz said:

Who mentioned 7000 Jags fans you clown?  We turned out and the team let us down. Thanks to those that made the effort.

You did, or did you mean to include 2000 Livy fans being there to support us as well? You’re the clown

Still no idea what you mean by ‘As usual’ comment

2 hours ago, jaggy said:

What's not mentioned is the game was televised. Had that not been the case it's fair to assume there would've been considerably more in attendance. Actually I don't think it surprising that about twice the size of our normal home support turned up today.