Club Statement

elevenone

The Club Statement is, in my view, little more than asinine nonsense - "............return to where we belong", patronising and typically wide of the mark. We are where we deserve to be given this season's performances and looking at the opposition awaiting us in the "Championship" I suspect we will be "where we shouldn't be" for a while - assuming that we actually stay up next season.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

It wont be easy a number of clubs in the Championship can win it. We can only wait and see what they do. Season tickets will be important for the club to get money in,lets hope we sell a good number.I will be renewing mine in the summer.

And let’s hope it’s not pissed up the wall on duds and crocks again :angry:

I suspect that was written some time ago and has been sitting in Beattie's bottom drawer.

Don't think anyone will disgree, we got what we deserved but still gutted........can't wait for the new season, close seasons a real bummer no matter what league we are in

4 minutes ago, BowenBoys said:

"It is crucial that the work starts now"

"In the next few days, the Board is meeting to plan the strategy"

The strategy should have been ready now.

You would like to think it is and that discussions have been undertaken during the season to have plans in place for even forseable outcome. As many others have noted on the site it's been a possibility since before Christmas.

Makes the new training  ground seem miles away

21 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

It wont be easy a number of clubs in the Championship can win it. We can only wait and see what they do. Season tickets will be important for the club to get money in,lets hope we sell a good number.I will be renewing mine in the summer.

Season tickets will be the same price or slightly dearer than this season all be it in the championship 

Dundee United, Ross country, Inverness, will all be hoping to get promotion, it's tough and we can only be speculative and wait for movement from other clubs. The argument is Archie has won us promotion from the championship, but five years ago when the opposition was significantly weaker. He hasn't proved to be any great manager,  top six was luck rather than tactical masterclass. He should have taken the Shrewsbury job and cashed in.

4 minutes ago, TartanC4 said:

Dundee United, Ross country, Inverness, will all be hoping to get promotion, it's tough and we can only be speculative and wait for movement from other clubs. The argument is Archie has won us promotion from the championship, but five years ago when the opposition was significantly weaker. He hasn't proved to be any great manager,  top six was luck rather than tactical masterclass. He should have taken the Shrewsbury job and cashed in.

I would also add Dunfermline,Falkirk and maybe Morton to that list.QOS are usually up there as well.It wont be easy if our board want us back where we belong it will take a lot of money and having the correct manager in charge.

It's hardly surprising that they are taking their time, since they have much to consider.  The issue is not just the manager's job, but that of the general manager and the decision on the training ground, as well as the financial implications of relegation.  They will also probably want to talk to the Weirs.

I hope that they take their time, do a thorough review and publish its results.

It would have been a better club statement if it wasn't all platitudes.

There are serious issues like we can't score for toffee, nor hold onto leads, nor have the ability to either dominate or adapt to opposition tactics. Addressing some of them in public right now would have been a positive.

There are going to be a lot of changes  over the summer. Some of them will genuinely upset me, I think we will see a lot of departures, and the future, for me at least, is unclear. 

Does anyone else think that the minor positive of this is that we might, just might,  start to play youth? Y'know younger guys? We are scared of playing young guys.

I wish I was more gutted about this relegation, but there was something alltogether weary about the way we approached this entire season. I went to both of the games against Livingston and we couldn't counter their tactics. After they scored I was deflated and thought we would struggle. There was something inevitable about our failure. 

It has been a masochistic thing being a Jags supporter this season.

1 hour ago, eljaggo said:

It's hardly surprising that they are taking their time, since they have much to consider.  The issue is not just the manager's job, but that of the general manager and the decision on the training ground, as well as the financial implications of relegation.  They will also probably want to talk to the Weirs.

I hope that they take their time, do a thorough review and publish its results.

I agree that they have a lot of decisions to make, and need to take the appropriate time to make the correct choices. 

However, the prospect of relegation hasn't just appeared. If the board were in any way pro-active, they would be well prepared for scenarios like today, and have a contingency plan in place. 

But then, it's Thistle we're talking about - we don't exactly have a good track record for getting organised promptly .... 

So not just the manager has lost his way, but also the board. Perhaps that should have been obvious since the unfulfilled assurances following the Kilmarnock debacle. How do the board members run any businesses, if they don't prepare any strategies beforehand for all likely eventualities or ensure that failure is handled appropriately?

27 minutes ago, Fearchar said:

So not just the manager has lost his way, but also the board. Perhaps that should have been obvious since the unfulfilled assurances following the Kilmarnock debacle. How do the board members run any businesses, if they don't prepare any strategies beforehand for all likely eventualities or ensure that failure is handled appropriately?

Not answering your question but things are compounded with no replacement as yet for Maxwell.

Agree with others that the wording of the statement could have been less patronising. Anyway, contingency plans or not, nobody's expecting decisions or news of decisions quite so immediately.