Erskine.                        Keown                 Fraser

Lawless.                       Woods.                Elliott

Doolan.                         Osman

Edwards

Spittal 

Sammon 

Storey

Edited by Paukea

Dumbaya has been reported to have walked out stating he was done with the club and the manager had lost dressing room before full time today

Mccarthy is apparently on his was to hearts

Lawless has apparently signed for Accies

Osman & Booth both for Dundee 

Penrice is wanted by Livi

Fraser will be offered a contract as we are down, he would have been released if we stayed up

2 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

the manager had lost dressing room before full time today

The above would explain quite a lot

Barton, Keown, Storey and Spittal all have a year left on their contracts. Can't see Barton staying but the others could do a job in the championship

I would imagine that Bannigan will be kept on if he's fit. It wouldn't surprise me that a premier league team didn't try to tempt Doolan away.

5 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

Dumbaya has been reported to have walked out stating he was done with the club and the manager had lost dressing room before full time today

Mccarthy is apparently on his was to hearts

Lawless has apparently signed for Accies

Osman & Booth both for Dundee 

Penrice is wanted by Livi

Fraser will be offered a contract as we are down, he would have been released if we stayed up

If this is true then really sums up the character of the team. Lawless to Accies? Really how ineffective is that move, they really play to Stevies strengths so a partnership made in heaven. 

A couple of years back I was talking to a Thistle player (who has since left) and he told me that the famous 'dressing room spirit' that Archie was so fond of mentioning was a thing of the past. Two or three senior players were far from team players according to him. Didn't post it as I don't like these "taxi driver" type stories, but it did make me wonder. As a result, stories like those above don't surprise me too much. 

If the above is true we've had 4 players playing regularly over the last few weeks that knew they were safe no matter what  (Booth, McCarthy, McGinn and Lawless) a further 3 who knew they were not going to be at Firhill next year (Cargill, Woods and Barton)

How can it not cause unrest in the dressing room when so many are clearly not part of thistle's future?

Has Archie played Elliot at left back because Penrice and Booth were both away?

1 hour ago, Paukea said:

Maybe a bit soon but just in case certain people actually read this Forum

Thoughts?

IN                                     OUT                     Maybe

Cerny                           Devine                Dumbuya

Penrice                        Cargill                 Booth

McCarthy                   Barton                 Bannigan

Erskine.                        Keown                 Fraser

Lawless.                       Woods.                Elliott

Doolan.                         Osman

Edwards

Spittal 

Sammon 

Storey

I'm generally surprised that you would have dumbaya and Bannigan as maybes who have done nothing in the last 2 years as maybes yet want spittal released who is our second top scorer in his first season and one of our youngest players - very very strange opinion 

39 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

Where as Dumbuya himself was done ages ago, 14 appearances in 2 years.

1 minute ago, Auld Jag said:

As usual when a team gets relegated the majority of the players want to leave the sinking ship as if they had nothing to do with it.As I have said in the past players, managers, directors and chairman come and go but us Thistle fans will remain.

21 minutes ago, MonehJags said:

Has nobody said Archie out yet? Anyone that stayed an clapped them off at the end are part of the problem

There was  a number of fans at the front of the John Lambie stand telling Archie where to go and it wasn't to go and prepare the team for next season.

I take it Storey will be off,  Archie didny even put him on when we needed goals and brought Sammon, Edwards and Booth on instead. what was the point in bringing Booth on? They didn’t cross the halfway line after they scored so we could’ve gone 3 at the back and out another man upfront,  I know Storey hasn’t done much but it would’ve made more sense bringing on a striker.

7 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

I'm generally surprised that you would have dumbaya and Bannigan as maybes who have done nothing in the last 2 years as maybes yet want spittal released who is our second top scorer in his first season and one of our youngest players - very very strange opinion 

I do actually agree with you but both of them when they are fit and playing well are very good players..Don’t think many teams will take a punt on them due to their injury problems but if we could get them fit they could be the difference in that league..All big Iffs though...I personally don’t like Spittal I think at times he’s looked decent in a very very poor team...Wasn’t aware of Dumbuya walking out but I think it’s obvious that Archie lost the dressing room some time ago 

• Like 1

Those we should prioritise: Erskine, Lawless, McCarthy, Cerny, Elliott, Doolan.

Those we should definitely look to retain: Booth, Sneddon, Penrice, Spittall, Barton, Cargill. 

Those with question marks but who could do a job in the championship: Keown, Woods, Edwards.

By my calculations, even if all of these players re-signed, which they won't, it would still see us lose 10 players from the first team squad.

Edited by Gnome on the Bing

Hard to comment on following Archie's comments about the clause in many players contracts that they be released or accept a pay cut.

I'd like McCarthy, Erskine, Lawless, Dools, Elliot, Penrice to stay.

Edwards and Cerny too if the price was right, think they could be 2 of the higher earners.

Storey I think would do well in first div, but a whole season on the bench, there's no way he won't trigger his release clause and wind up with accies or dundee or something.

Everyone else, I'm no bothered. If Barton's head was in it and wanted to be here, I think he'd stroll the first div at centre half, but he doesn't want to be here from how it looks.