Reasons to be cheerful (part 3)

Duke Gekantawa

I realise things are still likely to be raw for many of you. However, I’m fortunate to be a largely happy, optimistic soul who does not stay down for long. So, while I’ve in absolutely no way wanted it (the whole thing’s been nerve-wracking to be honest), we are relegated and I’m determined to make the best of it. So, in my best “glass half-full” mode, here’s my reasons to be cheerful. Feel free to add any others:

1) We’re largely financially stable and debt free.

2) We have an academy which should hopefully start producing.

3) More interesting away days (Ayr/QotS/Alloa/highlands).

4) No (league) games against the Old Firm.

5) I can go back to wanting the Old Firm to lose every league game.

6) No visits to Hamilton.

7) Starting the season with a genuine chance of winning our division (however misplaced such optimism might actually turn out to be).

8) No more Barton/Devine (hopefully).

9) Play-offs mean that there’s something to play for even if another team is running away with the title (the problem with so many of our previous seasons at this level is that it quickly became obvious we weren’t going up or down).

10) The football might become more entertaining.

• Like 4

My daughter who is equally as Thistle daft as me is going into her first year as a teacher. You can be sent anywhere in Scotland. The envelope arrived this week to say that she had been assigned to Highland Region. So at least that is now 4 games in the season she will be able to attend with minimal travel.

Totally unrelated to the above:

(1) I will enjoy a break from the miserable moaner Tommy Wright and his dour St Johnstone team.

(2) It will be good not to have to bother about advance purchases for tickets to away games, and the consequent frustrating interaction with the PTFC tickets website.

(3) Away days at Dumfries are always fun.

(4) Dundee United is a much better matchday experience than Dundee. Great view from a central stand and no aggressive stewarding.

1. no visits to Mordor

2.not paying £26 to be stuck in corner at parkheid

3.not paying £26 for restricted view at tynecastyle

4.never been to Alloa

5.not being kicked out of JHS to accomodate visiting fans(use of term loosely)

6.not watching game played on plastic pitch (Hamilton)

7.not watching game played on plastic pitch (Killie)

Thinking just personally.

1/As already said we won't have to go to Almondvale, Tony Macaroni, Douglas Clark.

2/I like to go to all games but had already decided I wouldn't set foot in Ibrox or Parkhead again (cup games apart).

3/Alloa, Dunfermline and Falkirk are all relatively close for me and any savings can go to the more enjoyable days out at Inverness, County, Ayr and best of all Dumfries.

4/Won't miss yon external stadium tour of Fir Park. queuing outside NDP, the shabby way we're treated at Pittodrie (tho' Morton are just as uncaring), the Lilliputian seating at Rugby Pk (tho' Morton's DVT Stand is even worse but at least usually avoidable).

1 hour ago, JAGSMAN1968 said:

6.not watching game played on plastic pitch (Hamilton)

7.not watching game played on plastic pitch (Killie)

I believe Alloa have a plastic pitch. Possibly QOS iirc from the cup game. not sure about Falkirk and Dunfermline these days