Reasons to be cheerful (part 3)

Duke Gekantawa

4 hours ago, Duke Gekantawa said:

I realise things are still likely to be raw for many of you. However, I’m fortunate to be a largely happy, optimistic soul who does not stay down for long. So, while I’ve in absolutely no way wanted it (the whole thing’s been nerve-wracking to be honest), we are relegated and I’m determined to make the best of it. So, in my best “glass half-full” mode, here’s my reasons to be cheerful. Feel free to add any others:

1) We’re largely financially stable and debt free.

2) We have an academy which should hopefully start producing.

3) More interesting away days (Ayr/QotS/Alloa/highlands).

4) No (league) games against the Old Firm.

5) I can go back to wanting the Old Firm to lose every league game.

6) No visits to Hamilton.

7) Starting the season with a genuine chance of winning our division (however misplaced such optimism might actually turn out to be).

8) No more Barton/Devine (hopefully).

9) Play-offs mean that there’s something to play for even if another team is running away with the title (the problem with so many of our previous seasons at this level is that it quickly became obvious we weren’t going up or down).

10) The football might become more entertaining.

That's genuinely bought a wee bit of sunshine into my brain today.

1) The Globe, Dumfries.

2) No flares (of the fiery missile variety) at the Stadium of Drams.

3) Not having to suffer a visitation of deranged mutants in Thistle pubs in Maryhill, at least 3 or 4 times a season.

4) Not having Jags flags purloined from the JLS by one of the above-mentioned mutant burglars.

5) Seeing Thistle games on Alba again.

6) A genuine, instant opportunity to be Cup winners.

7) Not having to listen to us being rubbished weekly on Sportscene.

8) Regaining our sense of humour.

Just theoretical alas but we could stand a better chance of a cup run and I'm not meaning the Challenge Cup. Depends of course on us doing well enough in the championship but for most of the last five seasons there's been too much pressure on us league wise to progress. Usually if not a six pointer then a crucial league game just before or just after the cup fixture. Maybe if we are in a situation where there's a little less pressure on us in the league we could progress a bit further in one of the two cups. Complete wishful thinking on my part I admit.

On 22/05/2018 at 4:51 PM, jaggy said:

I wish we had Jul - Jun calendars. Fed up sitting at my desk from about May onwards looking at players who have moved on

I proposed this idea about 5 years ago and got shot down in flames........Glad to see you are on my wavelength Jaggy all be it a bit late.......... 

On ‎21‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 11:48 PM, Blackpool Jags said:

1) The Globe, Dumfries.

2) No flares (of the fiery missile variety) at the Stadium of Drams.

3) Not having to suffer a visitation of deranged mutants in Thistle pubs in Maryhill, at least 3 or 4 times a season.

4) Not having Jags flags purloined from the JLS by one of the above-mentioned mutant burglars.

5) Seeing Thistle games on Alba again.

6) A genuine, instant opportunity to be Cup winners.

7) Not having to listen to us being rubbished weekly on Sportscene.

8) Regaining our sense of humour.

Top list BJ, I loved our last season in Division 1 (sorry, Championship)

• Like 1