Club Statement Archie

Paukea

14 hours ago, MonehJags said:

So Archie is the man in charge of re-building for a promotion drive this year.

My concern with that has already been mentioned i think. The Nitriansky signing last year scunnered me. He was plucked from obscurity, the only thing connecting him to football was his first name. The signings of Storey and Spital, both have shown in spells promise, especially the latter in the first few months of the season. Why have they fell away? To relate to the boards statement about the Thistle way, what is our way? Square balls across the half way line for an hour when we have possession? What im getting at is, we dont play to the squads strengths. People talking about Kenny Miller, he could score for fun in the championship, but not with us because we would play him out wide or at left back. The stats for last season are damning. The board have made their decision, we were in a stick or twist position and we have stuck. I still cant believe what I watched on Sunday, it was one of the biggest disappointments in a long time, even beating some of the numerous last minute sickeners in recent years. We should never have been getting beat off that team, im sure Hamilton wouldnt have and they are really poor too. Even if we had stayed up, I wouldnt have been looking forward to another year of that. Make no mistake the league next year is going to be extremely difficult but if we dont finish in at least a playoff position its got to be a failure. Partick Thistle will always have my full support so for the meantime i suppose its in Archie we trust again.

Good, reasonable post. So often I notice a Jags player doing well to get to a ball hoofed down the right wing and keep it in play. Who is it?... Usually Doolan. And who is in the box?... Naebody. So who's likely to score? ...Naebody. 

ETA: Who's likely to score?.... The opposition, eventually.

Edited by Jaggernaut