Team rebuilding

Paukea

1 hour ago, Lambies Lost Doo said:

Interview with a left sided central defender, good at set pieces, positive attitude and proven success at Championship level.

https://purefitbaw.com/2018/06/12/spfl-free-agent/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

A very good article.Shows how difficult it is for a lot of players to earn a living in full time football.

Nothing against the guy but he won player of the year in the promotion season for laughing and tweeting. It's always wound me up. I wouldn't have had him in my top 8 that season. 

And how Chris Erskine didn't win it is way beyond me. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, sandy said:

But CB isn’t right for us now.

He walked away from the Jags seeking better things. He also wants Edin as his base. He might be better trying Dunfermline or Livvy?

I think he said it would need to be within 40 mins of Edinburgh if he was part time.

Erskine walked away from Thistle as  did Archie. 

I don’t think looking for better things is a bad thing. 

If he is good enough and better than what we have, I would have no problem with him returning.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lenziejag said:

I think he said it would need to be within 40 mins of Edinburgh if he was part time.

Erskine walked away from Thistle as  did Archie. 

I don’t think looking for better things is a bad thing. 

If he is good enough and better than what we have, I would have no problem with him returning.

He was magnificent in his final season with us (the season we conceded the fewest goals in our top flight stay)

But.. since then he’s been the common denominator in Killie finishing 11th (turning over a first leg deficit in the playoffs to survive), Ayr getting relegated from the Championship and Torquay being relegated from the conference or whatever it’s called now.

So maybe not.

I don't think you can blame him for relegations unless he played in every position and managed the team.

He fancied a change and new challenge so left the club.

I'd take him in a heartbeat.

I'm also a bit concerned about peoples views on the type of player we can attract.  Season ticket sales will prob be 1500 max.  Average crowds 3000+. We are as big as Falkirk, Dunfermline, Morton, ICT, Ross County and smaller than Dundee United.  It's going to be tough to get players and to get out this league.

Conrad took a while to reach the standard required but finished with us as an excellent CB, far better than the garbage of last season,

if he could recapture that form he’d be a great signing.

He wouldn’t have been paid so well but perhaps he’s one of those who should just have stayed with us.

4 hours ago, Duke Gekantawa said:

He was magnificent in his final season with us (the season we conceded the fewest goals in our top flight stay)

But.. since then he’s been the common denominator in Killie finishing 11th (turning over a first leg deficit in the playoffs to survive), Ayr getting relegated from the Championship and Torquay being relegated from the conference or whatever it’s called now.

So maybe not.

Sorry Duke, it is a bit of a leap to blame him for each of those teams poor form just because he played.

I am not saying we should take him back as he definitely had some scary moments for us, but I wouldn’t dismiss it outright

On 13/06/2018 at 9:38 AM, Alan Murray said:

Surprised no chat about Ryan Hardie.
Livi are in for him and he may have better offers but I would think we would be interested. 

That’s Hardie signed up for another year at Rangers Alan - however I’m not convinced he will get regular game time for them so would not be surprised if he did end up on loan somewhere 

Cammy Bell on Radio Scotland this afternoon said that Archie hoped to have a couple of players in next week. Bell also said that he had other offers but came to us to enable him to play around 40 games a season. Implications were that he had turned down Premier League clubs to secure the chance of regular games.

5 minutes ago, Big Dan said:

Cammy Bell on Radio Scotland this afternoon said that Archie hoped to have a couple of players in next week. Bell also said that he had other offers but came to us to enable him to play around 40 games a season. Implications were that he had turned down Premier League clubs to secure the chance of regular games.

I think that pre season starts next week so would expect there be some activity then.

3 minutes ago, Fawlty Towers said:

I think that pre season starts next week so would expect there be some activity then.

Bell sounded quite upbeat about next season, I hope that the indication of players coming in was based on something positive.

2 hours ago, Fawlty Towers said:

Our problems last few years are players not getting a full preseason through injury or late signing and has taken us months to get them up to speed, but that’s been a couple of players. This season we (potentially) have 11 players (If Banzo, Keown, Barton, and Storey go) starting full preseason this could have a massive impact onto our stamina and fitness for 1st few months of season, and if we get off to our usual poor start Archie will be lucky to see October through as manager

25 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

I would hope we have players in mind mate rather than trialists 

I would too, but I’m getting a very uneasy feeling about our preparations this year. 

Normally we do our business late but are only topping up a squad, this year we’re having to build a squad almost from scratch, preseason on Monday and LC in 4 or 5 weeks and our squad is wafer thin

4 hours ago, Big Dan said:

Cammy Bell on Radio Scotland this afternoon said that Archie hoped to have a couple of players in next week. 

I've been hearing similar comments from third parties every season since Archie took over. Often the No1 target fails to come on board and we sign target No2 or No3. weeks later. Perhaps these two signings are all but made and we didn't want to clash with sponsorship announcements or are holding back for the new strip launch? However I tend to take these comments with the proverbial pinch of salt. And besides we're requiring a hell of a lot more than two new signings in the near future.