David Beattie stands down

jagfox

18 minutes ago, Jago1953 said:

Why? What has someone’s sex to do with being the chair?

Someone's sex shouldn't have anything at all to do with being in a position of authority. It is widely reported the imbalance weighted towards men in both football and in business in general. Perhaps javeajag was merely highlighting that fact?

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

Two new directors are to be sought ... though I'd think they'd already put out feelers before they made the retirement announcements.  Isn't it the case that new directors are expected to contribute something financially when they join?  Or isn't that the case now.  Could be a wee bit extra cash coming in if I'm right.  Though obviously equally important they can also contribute good ideas.

3 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Someone's sex shouldn't have anything at all to do with being in a position of authority. It is widely reported the imbalance weighted towards men in both football and in business in general. Perhaps javeajag was merely highlighting that fact?

Exactly.....we want more women involved in football, more women to become fans and as big and broad a support base as possible ....I’m sure jlow will be a good role model 

59 minutes ago, Big Col said:

Leaves the club in great shape. Well, off the field anyway.

...and that's all you can ask of anyone running the Club. In all the years he's been at the helm I can only think of a couple of instances where David Beattie could be deemed to have been at odds with the rank and file. Even then  you couldn't fault his commercial judgement. Be a hard act to follow.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, javeajag said:

Exactly.....we want more women involved in football, more women to become fans and as big and broad a support base as possible ....I’m sure jlow will be a good role model 

Lady Skwerr is a big fan and has a fairly broad support base already.......... (but please don't tell her I said so) :-)

14 hours ago, Fawlty Towers said:

Thanks for everything David and best wishes to Jacqui in her new role. Hopefully one of her first acts will be announcing the location of our training facility.

I was told about this a couple of weeks ago and that the club were ready to announce.

I presume they have kept back for Jacqui to take the lead on.