Where Do We Go From Here?

clarencegarter

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well what does that say about us? Do you think if money wasn't an option Falkirk would have played these youngsters instead of Ryan Flynn, Mark Stewart and so on?

But money is an option. Falkirk have been blooding these players over the last season. Alston scored the winner against us last season.

If money wasn't an option to us, we'd be playing guys like Gary Harkins, Paddy Boyle, Johnny Tuffey, we might even be in the SPL. But we're not.

By the way the cold hard facts of today, regarding Falkirk's great top three starting eleven.

Kieran Duffie - 19 years old

Murray Wallace - 17 years old

Rhys Bennett - 19 years old

Stewart Murdoch - 20 years old

Blair Alston - 19 years old

Dale Fulton - 19 years old

David Weatherston - Hasn't played a single game of football since May.

Aye, but its fine and dandy Jackie will sort it etc etc.

What has happened to our promising young players? Nowhere to be seen at the moment.

What has happened to our promising young players? Nowhere to be seen at the moment.

I suppose Falkirk have to play youngsters, we don't. In that respect Jackie is just like most managers who prefer to introduce teenagers gradually and preferably when the team isn't under pressure. I'm not saying that's correct in our case and imo we're over protective. Guys like Fraser & Campbell are physically strong while Bannigan has played against SPL opposition yet not one in today's squad.

Can see why Lindsay was on the bench but for the life of me I can't understand why we needed another centreback (Balatoni) especially with Robertson able to go back there if called on. I don't think there was enough energy or directness in the midfield particularly the longer the game went on. I'd never have subbed Rowson, Erskine could probably been taken off earlier but either Robertson and Cairney could have been replaced if we had Bannigan or Campbell on the bench.

We've played 3 of the 'favoured' teams so far & they are no better than us. Yes, we hacen't played great in any of those matches, but I know that we can. Will we? I hope so, but time will tell. If we improve, even just slightly, we'll be as good as what this division has to offer. All the teams will take points off each other, if a team puts a good run together they'll be up there, whether that's now or in 3 months time.

We've played 3 of the 'favoured' teams so far & they are no better than us. Yes, we hacen't played great in any of those matches, but I know that we can. Will we? I hope so, but time will tell. If we improve, even just slightly, we'll be as good as what this division has to offer. All the teams will take points off each other, if a team puts a good run together they'll be up there, whether that's now or in 3 months time.

If we don't pick up points pronto the season could be over in 3 months, attendances will plummet even further plunging us further into the financial mire.

As I have posted before I will judge after the 1st quarter and I believe we need a minimum 10 points in the bag to keep an interest.

Agree with your point regarding Dungdee Hamilton etc are not better than us but as with last season, I mean i didnt think Dungfy were that much better than us and they won the league!

Time to roll the sleeves up and bag our first 3 points this Saturday and back it up with another win against QOS..IMVHO we MUST win these games.

Edited by Chicofan

"Where do we go from here?" bit of a no brainer tbh-----we go to Firhill and get behind the team next saturday. Thats all we can do unless one of us is willing to invest a huge cash amount in the club. All the over analyzing about every single game and incident on and off the park doesnt get us anywhere and probably does more harm than good. MON THE JAGS !

"Where do we go from here?" bit of a no brainer tbh-----we go to Firhill and get behind the team next saturday. Thats all we can do unless one of us is willing to invest a huge cash amount in the club. All the over analyzing about every single game and incident on and off the park doesnt get us anywhere and probably does more harm than good. MON THE JAGS !

Talking of which I have just read another article in the Sunday Mail about euro millions winners Colin Weir and he is again referred to as "Die Hard Jags Fan"

Die hard my erse!! :mad2:

Put yer money where yer mouth is fat chap :thumbsup2:

Guest fredthecheesecloth

See 'all' these promising youngsters...where are they...

Ryan Scully - I don't think he looks particularly promising, just dodgy

Kieran Burns - Not even trusted to come on yesterday.

Shaun Fraser - Forgotten man?

Bannigan - Jackie and Sid appear to believe that Flannigan is better than him. Worth a shot, isn't getting it.

MacBeth - Absent

Jamie Campbell - Should be starting, isn't.

Personally, bar the top 2, I would have them in from the start. Add Lindsay and Sinclair to that as well - I like the look of both of them.

We pride ourselves on a youth system, but instead of blooding them, we let them stagnate.

Johnny Lindsay - Why was he dropped after Tuesday? He did well.

Aaron Sinclair - Very attractive footballer

Talking of which I have just read another article in the Sunday Mail about euro millions winners Colin Weir and he is again referred to as "Die Hard Jags Fan"

Die hard my erse!! :mad2:

Put yer money where yer mouth is fat chap :thumbsup2:

My uncle worked with the afformentioned"fat chap" at STV many years ago and has no recollection of him following the Jags. My uncle is sure he would have remembered if he did cos both me and my dad follow the Jags

See 'all' these promising youngsters...where are they...

Ryan Scully - I don't think he looks particularly promising, just dodgy

Kieran Burns - Not even trusted to come on yesterday.

Shaun Fraser - Forgotten man?

Bannigan - Jackie and Sid appear to believe that Flannigan is better than him. Worth a shot, isn't getting it.

MacBeth - Absent

Jamie Campbell - Should be starting, isn't.

Personally, bar the top 2, I would have them in from the start. Add Lindsay and Sinclair to that as well - I like the look of both of them.

We pride ourselves on a youth system, but instead of blooding them, we let them stagnate.

Johnny Lindsay - Why was he dropped after Tuesday? He did well.

Aaron Sinclair - Very attractive footballer

I agree with a lot of that, but keeping Lindsay out was inevitable as Sinclair is preferred at LB and not left wing. Someone suggested moving Sinclair to CB but I think this would be a mistake, though I haven't actually seen him play.

Agree totally with this post. We should have taken something out of all three games but didn't. More frustrating than anything and we ain't that far off the pace. Sort out some key areas and we are as good as the best of them - still to see Raith and Ross etc but surely no better than Falkirk, Hamilton, Dundee?

Like the earlier games, some quite good stuff yesterday just not enough to win games and one or two individual performances that were a wee bit lacking. But given the cover situation and fear to blood youngsters then maybe some will get away with having a bad day. thinking erskine who seemed to have problems turning but still did one or two good things. Take him out - do you risk denting his confidence and setting him back? I mean he jumped from junior ranks to SFL quite quickly. Anyone?

P.S. Thought Patton looked fitter and more assured y'day. Good to see,

My uncle worked with the afformentioned"fat chap" at STV many years ago and has no recollection of him following the Jags. My uncle is sure he would have remembered if he did cos both me and my dad follow the Jags

And if Mr Weir comes on here and reads that, is that really gonna get him to invest in the club!! Given the state the club is apparently in and given that Mr Weir has been quoted as being a Thistle fan, someone from the board should have approached him by now. For Gods sake, what have they got to lose. The worst they are going to get is a "no thanks" or is a place on our BOD only for golf club jet set!

Edited by Lindau

I agree with a lot of that, but keeping Lindsay out was inevitable as Sinclair is preferred at LB and not left wing. Someone suggested moving Sinclair to CB but I think this would be a mistake, though I haven't actually seen him play.

I suggested moving Sinclair to centre back, so that Lindsay, who appears to be a competent left back and has played at a higher level, could come into the team. Sinclair has the ability and the pace which our current centre back pairing doesn't. (In practice, it happened by default against Falkirk: at one point, Sinclair had to cover at the right of the centre backs' zone because the actual centre backs were caught out.) The suggestion arose out of watching what happens. I only hope that McNamara is doing the same. :thinking:

And if Mr Weir comes on here and reads that, is that really gonna get him to invest in the club!! Given the state the club is apparently in and given that Mr Weir has been quoted as being a Thistle fan, someone from the board should have approached him by now. For Gods sake, what have they got to lose. The worst they are going to get is a "no thanks" or is a place on our BOD only for golf club jet set!

We do not know whether or not Mr Weir has offered to invest in the club. It is possible that he has but that the board's terms were not attractive. If I was in his lucky position, I would want to buy shares at a fair price. I would not simply give money to bail out the present board/shareholders who are responsible for the mess that we are in.

We do not know whether or not Mr Weir has offered to invest in the club. It is possible that he has but that the board's terms were not attractive. If I was in his lucky position, I would want to buy shares at a fair price. I would not simply give money to bail out the present board/shareholders who are responsible for the mess that we are in.

As has been said before kni, even if he gave a years interest to the club, we would be the best off club in Scotland. Surely that aint too much to ask if you are a diehard Either way, given how public his story has been about Thistle being his team, I would hope some member of our BOD would contact him and at least sound him out about some sort of investment/donation. They would be mad not to, given how they are constantly telling us how bad a financial state we are in!!

As has been said before kni, even if he gave a years interest to the club, we would be the best off club in Scotland. Surely that aint too much to ask if you are a diehard Either way, given how public his story has been about Thistle being his team, I would hope some member of our BOD would contact him and at least sound him out about some sort of investment/donation. They would be mad not to, given how they are constantly telling us how bad a financial state we are in!!

If the Board approached me I would tell them to beat it, wouldn't work with them. I would however say "here's your £1m Propco investment + £150k profit for the investors to split pro-rata, you can buy the whole ground if you want...£5m and it's yours". Obviously that would be after aquiring enough shares to be in a position to call the shots (offer McMaster, Hughes, Prentice, Springford as little as possible for theirs). Maybe take a £3m hit by the time this is done and a new stadium is built.

Disclaimer: My sums may be waaaay off for all I know :D

The guy isn't a Thistle fan. So it's pointless going on about how the Club should contact him to see if he wants to give his money away to a Club he doesn't support.

And as you know that for a fact, perhaps you could enlighten us as to why he constantly mentions that he is a jags supporter nearly every time he is in the papers