Just In

angry gaz

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A good night's work. If this is Friday football, bring it on. A good crowd as well. :)

I'd like to know the crowd - my end of the Jackie Husband seemed busierthan the last Saturday match at home.

On the field, without getting carried away Jags turned in a really professional performance. OK, three of the goals came against 10 men, but they were more than worthy of the win by then. This group of young players is the most promising since 1971.

O'Donnell was a revelation- I had understood he was a fullback, but as an attacking midfielder/wi8nger he was immense. Elliot certainly has an eye for goal.Now, if only some one were to teach him how to head a ball!( But as ever we are looking for perfection.)

Brilliant performance, brilliant result, brilliant atmosphere - Pure brilliant!

Kyle Hutton will play for Scotland one day - cracking footballer.

Very tidy footballer,always makes himself available and plays the right choice of passes more often than not.Also has a great attitude towards the team and club with his effort and performance.

Dont think this smile will ever leave my face. There was one passage of play which resulted in jags stringing 20(guess)passes together to the chants of ole and sent Cairney through on goal if only he managed to score i would gladly have gone to meet my maker. Terriffic stuff tonight great morton support and the jhs really got behind the team

Cant wait for the highlights to see it again

Edited by Jaggyman

Dont think this smile will ever leave my face. There was one passage of play which resulted in jags stringing 20(guess)passes together to the chants of ole and sent Cairney through on goal if only he managed to score i would gladly have gone to meet my maker. Terriffic stuff tonight great morton support and the jhs really got behind the team

Cant wait for the highlights to see it again

100% agreement here, that would have been an amazing goal if Cairney managed to lift it over the goalie, great move. Really liking the football Jackie has us playing, and moulding the young players we have to play the way he wants them to. Fantastic, if Friday night football offers this every week then bring it on. Big crowd, great atmosphere and a result I never expected in my wildest dreams.

We CAN win this league!!!

Telt!

That was a brilliant game. I thought the first half was actually quite even and that 2-0 was a generous lead given the balance of play, and that Morton started the 2nd half brightly. After a while we went on to control the game and when they went a man down for the hand-ball we ran riot.

Our first goal saw O'Donnell break through the Morton defence as they were caught napping and was well executed. The 2nd goal saw defence turned into attack with a decent clearing punt from Sinclair, a cracking chase by O'Donnell and a great ball in for Doolan to slot it away.

Second half and a through ball was handled by Andy Gibson just outside the box. I can't remember which Thistle player was harrying, but if he hadn't stuck his arm out it was a clear one-on-one. The free kick was deflected off the wall and Christie Elliott, who I must admit looked in a suspiciously offside position, slotted it home confidently. Erskine finished well from the 4th after a sublime solo run from Sinclair who nutmegged a Morton player and sent in a great cross. Stewart wrapped it up with a very clinical finish for the 5th.

It honestly could have been more given the way things went, but I don't think Morton played that poorly. For me O'Donnell was brilliant at right midfield and Sinclair had a great game too.

Good crowd tonight.

That was stunning, we will not play any better this season. I feel sorry for the thistle fans that missed that. :D

Being 150 miles away on Friday night at Firhill I wasn't too pleased with football not on a Saturday.

But standing in the pub getting text alerts for every goal and looking at my non Jag mates wondering why I was going mental kind of made up for missing the game

Well done the Jags....it's great being red an yellow to the core (with a wee bit of black obviously)

JB

must hand it to morton and their fans tonight (especially first half)

great atmosphere

end to end football in the first half

we were fortunate (imho) to go in 2 up at half time

great second half by the jags

at long last we have real pace in the team especially up front

as the game wore on you could physically see the morton defenders wilting under the sustained pressure

of course we made mistakes but every player got stuck right in

agree with previous poster we cant head the ball for peanuts

only sinclair was winning his share of headers

however great result great team performance and great atmosphere

happy days :thumbsup2: well done lads

onwards and upwards

Super Performance tonight - could have had one more right at the death

Fox - Solid all night, although he did have a bit of a flap at a cross early second half

Paton - Another solid performance, looked very comfortable most of the time

Sinclair - Didn't have a great 1st half going forward. Came out second half and was immense.

Archie

Balatoni - Great showing from both central defenders. Morton pushed hard at the start of both halves and never really looked like getting the better of them. Very encouraging.

O'Donnell - Great finish for the first and made the second. Looked comfortable on the ball and dangerous going forward. Fully deserved MoM

Cairney - Brilliant shift and never stopped running. Could have added no 6 right at the end.

Rowser - broke play up and put in a really good shift. Passing was horrific all night though giving the ball away more than should be expected

Hutton - Looked comfortable throughout the game and fine distribution. Looks like he's going to be a top class player

Elliot - Good finish. Never stopped running and intelligent player.

Doolan - Again worked really hard all night until subbed. Looked like he sclaffed it for the goal, which turned into a great finish.

Eskine - Great finish, looked really up for it when he came on. A bit longer and he could've torn Morton to shreds

Stewart - Brilliant finish for the goal, worked hard when came on and looked very dangerous.

Great performance all round, although Morton pushed harder than the result suggests. The first 10 or so minutes it looked as if they might tear us apart, but, encouragingly the defence was rock steady and despite Mortons hard work, they never really had a clear effort at goal.

On the other hand we looked very dangerous on the counter and, as well as the 2 1st half goals we had at least 2 very good opportunities.

2nd half Morton came out looking for an early goal, and had some heavy pressure for 10 mins or so (including a very offside disallowed goal). After this we began to dominate, Sinclair in particular had a superb 2nd half. 3rd goal finished them off, sending off probably deserved - it looked like it was going to drop at Tommy's feet in the box.

After that we saw some superb football all round until the final whistle.

Nice big smile on my face. We appear to be heading in the right direction at last

At 2-0, I thought Morton were still in it but as soon as we went 3-0 up, it could have been anything. The way we knocked the ball around was great to see and the icing on the cake would have been if Cairney could have stuck that one away after some brilliant lead up play.

Fabulous performance and hopefully we can take the recent home form into away games and become a real threat in this league. O'Donnell was a worthy MOM, though Sinclair must have ran him very close.

Overall a great team effort and looking forward to the season now that the poor start looks well and truly behind us!

Not going to comment on individual performances, but when was the last time we beat league leaders by 5 (going on 8) clear goals? Jaggy Mac has really turned it round from the early season Cup exits and I take back everything I said then (*sound of humble pie being consumed - gratefully!*). Can't remember when we last showboated in 2 consecutive home games. Long may it continue.

Agree with those who have given credit to the 'Ton fans for making it a good atmosphere; even more so to those who stayed till the last kick of the ball. Fair play.

Can Jaggy Mac possibly be the new Messiah? (Bearing in mind that the last one wasn't terribly well received by his own people!).

If I was being honest, I don't really care about winning it, I just want us to keep playing this type of football.

"Sing when you're winning"? I'm feckin' hoarse.

I've had at least 7 pints of Starop..... :thinking: whatever yon Czech lager so I'm strugglin' a bit.

Anyways point I want to put over was the pace the game was played at and if we weren't a youngish side that seem to be super fit then we could so easily have been caught. Full credit then to Cairney, Ballatoni & Archie (probably Rowser too) who could so easily have been run roughshod due to that pace.

Bizarre game in a way, first half Morton probably shaded it, but we scored 2 out of the 3 times we threatened. Second half we sat back & I was worried that if they scored we would have caved in, but after about 20 mins the game changed & all of a sudden we were in complete control. Probably a lot to do with fitness (and that is down to the manager & coaching staff). The red card helped, but by that time we were so much on top we would have still scored a few more.

Great performance by all but I must single out O'Donnell who was fantastic, Elliot who was non-stop (and was well on-side at his goal), Sinclair who gets better every week & Cairney who is back to his best.

I know what the earlier poster meant by us being better last week, but the thing then was we never threatened enough. Tonight was magic & add it to the great floodlit games!!!