Team For Tonight

Mr Bunny

Fox

O'Donnell Robertson Archibald Sinclair

Paton

Flannigan Rowson Cairney

Doolan Stewart

SUBS: Scully, Cole, Erskine, Elliot, Bannigan

Those who thought Flannigan and Stewart were a waste last time, note this is influenced by what I think the manager will play. I may be wrong in that he may bring in Cole from the start: if he does I'd rather it was for O'Donnell who I think has struggled since being moved to full back.

I actually think Flannigan was OK until he tired but anyway would rather see him wide, not in the middle: in my team above I'd have Flannigan play more to the wing with Cairney a bit more inside leaving space for Sinclair to get down the wing. The forwards didn't get the service last time to show what they can do so would give Stewart a half to do something.

I think we need more midfield cover so would definitely have Bannigan in the squad: I hope the manager doesn't drop him to bring in Naismith but I've a feeling he may do that.
Edited by Mr Bunny

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I reckon the 2 h u ns will be in from the start. I would be amazed if Flannigan started (unless he was going to be played wide on the right). Would also think that Stewart wouldn't start after being ineffective against QoS.

Fox

O'Donnell Cole Archibald Sinclair

Paton

Naismith Rowson Cairney

Doolan Elliot

SUBS: Scully, Robertson, Erskine, Stewart, Bannigan or Flannigan

I see Dundee Utd have offered £25k for Imrie. Hopefully that means he wont play tonight...but he probably will, and cause us all kinds of grief as usual.

Oh aye, I'd have the same team as Alan Murray except with Bannigan replacing Flannigan.

Edited by Steven H

I see Dundee Utd have offered £25k for Imrie. Hopefully that means he wont play tonight...but he probably will, and cause us all kinds of grief as usual.

Considering what we got for Harkins (admittedly silly money) and Twaddle that seems a bit of a joke.

Oh aye, I'd have the same team as Alan Murray except with Bannigan replacing Flannigan.

My own team was based a good deal on what I think the manager might do, which is why Flannigans in and Bannigan's out. I think it's a shame Bannigan was dropped for the cup game.

I know what the manager's said about our youngsters but Bannigan had been on the bench coming on late in games and then the week before started and played into the 2nd half without doing anything wrong. The risk of doing so would have been reduced by having Cairney in the middle.

Edited by Mr Bunny

Don't care who plays tonight. Just don't want to read reports of the match later, saying we were lacking in the final third. I've posted on another thread that I want to see the team develop this season and challenge for title next season. Biggest complaint I have of the side this season, is that they are not learning from past mistakes. Been constantly said that we are lacking in final third. It's time the lads took this on and bring their training form into the league matches. They can do it, we've all seen that they can......but need to do it on a more consistent basis.

i'd go for

fox

o'donnell cole archie sinclair

paton

cairney rowson erskine

elliot doolan

subs: scully, robertson, flannigan, naismith, stewart.

Same but with Naismith starting instead of Elliot.

My guess is that McNamara will prefer Flannigan to Erskine.

Edited by kni

From official site!!!

36 mins: Kris Doolan nods the ball down to Kieran Burns about 30 yards from goal. Burms shits his shot first time and it isn't too far wide of goal.

Crapshoot - "Something that is random, not based on skill. People think that this refers to an a55hole" - from the online "Urban Dictionary".

Edited by kni