Firhill Wrecked

ptfc.no.1

But if they'd just invaded the pitch and goaded the opposing fans that would have been fine and shown passion. Always good to be reminded exactly where the line between best fans in the world and SCUM is.

awww ffs man get a life - there's a thick line between destroying property and harmlessly celebrating a once in a long time event

Or maybe there's a certain amount of wallopers who follow every team. Maybe there's more of them in green and blue because there's far more of them than anyone else.

And maybe Thistle fans just love being sanctimonious towards our city neighbours.

Aw come on! I can't stand (or spell ) hypocracy, but you can't compare a couple of pitch invasions, almost entirely innocent but with the odd eejit thrown in, with what appears to be going on tonight. It's not the same thing and to suggest that it is is just wrong.

Edited by allyo

WHOOP WHOOP OPINION DOESN'T CHIME WITH THE REST OF THE HERD WHOOP WHOOP

SOMEONE DRAG PEAGREENBOY AWAY FOR RECONDITIONING

You are as much entitled to your opinion as anyone else. Indeed, the Thistle support must be the least "herd" like support imaginable.

However, there is absolutely no comparison to be made here. A number of fans spontaneously went on to the pitch at Livingston in a moment of massive excitement and I don't think any damage was done (didn't see reports of arrests or anything). That action was not widely condoned by the "herd", so I don't see why you think it is something that it is considered a matter of pride.

The pitch invasion on Saturday was fine. Again, no arrests or harm done. Please stop putting up the photo of the guy holding the child. I'd imagine he is well embarrassed about it already having had it plastered all over P&B etc. Again, I don't think there is any evidence that any harm came to the child. The guy (and some others goading the Pars) probably got carried away and is likely still cringing as we speak. I'm sure he's learned his lesson so drop it and move on.

If you read the thread about the policewoman, you will see there is a fair amount of agreement that it went to far after the first line (which was amusing in my opinion). I could hear the first lines from the Jackie Husband but had no idea about the rest of it until reading it on here. Totally agree it may have gone a bit far but at least plenty of fans seem to agree with that which show how far the support has come since, as someone said, what went on in the seventies.

There is no comparison between any of that and violence and tearing up seats.

The main impression I took away from Saturday was that Partick Thistle has finally come close to achieving what was for decades the holy grail - a real family club, which can be entertaining and exciting without the nonsense that used to go on at football. When I first followed Jags in the early eighties it was common to see punch ups, casuals running about and there was a general air of aggression. Stadium conditions were terrible, dreadful toilets, half the crowd steaming drunk and crushes were common at big games (remember being terrified during a Scotland v England game at that time). So much has got better, why look for the negatives :huh:

Edited by The Devil's Point

So what's happening in the picture then sherlock - looks like he could be pointing his pars fan wifey in the main stand and saying hello - certainly doesn't look like he's throwing broken seats or setting off flares or singing songs full of bigoted hatred. Mind you babes in arms can be used as offensive weapons eh? ook at all those concerned cops and stewards behind him - looks a fairly relaxed scene tbh.

Of course the two incidents (not really the best choice of a word) don't compare and what's reportedly gone on tonight is obviously a hundred times and more worse than the joker with the wean. Even so two wrongs and all that....

Flares, breach of health and safety but not too much of a concern imho but ripping seats is another thing. Would've thought with firhill being their 'home' ground they'd have a wee bit of identity with it...

We had 5 people injured by flares tonight 1 with bad burn and 4 with breathing difficulty's one was quite bad flares are a concern

Dear peagreenboy,

I write in regards to your misappropriate use of the photograph with my friend and his 1 year old son.

Almost gleefully, you have now reproduced the image on not just one, but two threads.

Why would you make snide remarks about an individual that you don't know on the strength of a photograph?

And why, with no good reason, would you run down your own football club on threads associated with football violence?

I would ask that you kindly refrain from posting it again.

Speaking as both a friend of the accused and a supporter of Partick Thistle Football Club, not only do I find your motives for posting to be extremely offensive, but your kangaroo court judgement to be wildly inaccurate.

That boy has supported Thistle for 20 years ever since I took him along to the Tennents Sixes in the early 1990s and is a football man through and through. A wee bit daft in the heid sometimes, but in a good way, and a gentler soul you couldn’t meet. He’s a hard working boy and does everything for his family. As well as that he gives up his free time to voluntarily coach kids at grass roots level. He’s very well thought of by all in that community – officials, parents and boys alike. I hardly think he would have gained this level of respect were he to be anything remotely like the character you seem to have painted for the supposed benefit of everyone on this forum.

On a Thistle level, his loyalty to the cause is so extreme that he chose Peterhead over the birth of his first child in 2006. Both children are now season ticket holders and even the wife (who has clearly forgiven him his “Peterhead” moment) is a now a converted diehard herself. He is, in fact, a Thistle legend within a close circle in the East of Scotland.

In his hundreds of games over the years he has never ONCE been involved in ANY incident that could even remotely be associated with hooliganism or violence and for you to associate this photograph as such is, at best, misguided, and, at worst, outrageous.

On Saturday his exuberance took him onto the pitch to celebrate with his son. His “daft in the heid” side took over and he was singing “Going down, going down” to some Dunfermline fans. He’s even laughing while he’s singing it – it’s some way away from the bile and hatred surrounding the events at the Glasgow Cup Final. In hindsight, he’s a wee bit embarrassed about doing that now (time and a place has been mentioned). However, it’s hardly up there with the football hooligans referred to in this thread. Earlier on in the game there were hundreds of Thistle fans singing the same. I was one of them. Big deal. I mean, really, big deal. It really is nothing. Any one of us could have been captured in an unflattering moment at some time in our Thistle supporting history - pointing to away fans, screaming abuse at a referee, ranting at a bad tackle, whatever. For that image to be then used and abused and portrayed out of context to suit a journalistic agenda is a far worse crime.

I suspect a deep rooted social prejudice could lie at the heart of the matter here.

Surely Scotland’s already divided enough without presupposed class divisions being added into the mix?

There’s only one walloper on this thread.

And I can assure you, it’s not the guy in the photie.

• Like 6

Brian cheers for that info. guess i was wrong on that one.

Jukebox rebel - must be a nightmare for the chap with that pic doing the rounds on the internet. Guess this shows how snapshot images can convey things in a very inaccurate fashion. And how much of a nightmare internet culture is... If you go onto the pie and bovril thread and pm the original poster you might be able to get the image taken down. worth a try...

As for this:

I suspect a deep rooted social prejudice could lie at the heart of the matter here.

Surely Scotland’s already divided enough without presupposed class divisions being added into the mix?

Couldn't agree more, and that's what i'd say that tarring people with a brush of moronicness by being from OF alligiences is a dangerous path to go down and given that most of us live in glasgow and will therefore have examples of sound OF people all around us every day just seems disengenious to the max.

Edited by mrD