Alec Raisbeck My Life-Story From The Weekly News 1915

stuthejag

Great photo, especially the professionally prepared placard.

Are you looking for names? Those are almost all easy (not sure about the one in the skirt).

Yeah got this so far.

Back Row: Davie McParland (Manager), John Hansen, ?, Denis McQuade, ?,?, Alex Rae, ?, Alan Rough, ?, Andy Anderson

Front Row: ?, Ronnie Glavin, ?, ?

Yeah got this so far.

Back Row: Davie McParland (Manager),Donnie McKinnon, John Hansen, ?, Denis McQuade, Bobby Gray-the-elder,?, Alex Rae, Tommy Rae, Alan Rough, Charlie Smith, Andy Anderson

Front Row: Bobby Lawrie, Ronnie Glavin, Hugh Strachan, ?

Those are pretty much definites. The others I'm not sure about. There must have been a second goalie, so Iain Dick might have been there. The last one in the front row reminds me of Brian Ralston.

Could third from left, back row be Jimmy Mullin?.... Nah, I think it's Alex Forsyth!

Edited by Jaggernaut

I reckon:-

Donnie MacKinnon, John Hansen,Jim Docherty, Denis McQuade, Bobby Gray Senior, Archie Lochrie, Alex Rae, Tommy Rae, Alan Rough, Charlie Smith, Andy Anderson.

Bobby Lawrie, Ronnie Glavin, Hugh Strachan, Brian Ralston.

Don't know the hot girl at the front - she was way too old for me back then :love:

• Like 1

I reckon:-

Donnie MacKinnon, John Hansen,Jim Docherty, Denis McQuade, Bobby Gray Senior, Archie Lochrie, Alex Rae, Tommy Rae, Alan Rough, Charlie Smith, Andy Anderson.

Bobby Lawrie, Ronnie Glavin, Hugh Strachan, Brian Ralston.

Don't know the hot girl at the front - she was way too old for me back then :love:

I think you've got it absolutely right! (About the team; dunno about the girl.)

Right old-timers need help naming the players in this pic from season 1971-72 when our reserves won the 2nd XI Cup.

Donnie McKinnon (top off) ? and Jackie Husband so far..

Not sure I like the old-timers tag - I'm still young at heart! I was a schoolboy anorak about anything to do with Thistle in 1971 though so I think:-

Tommy Rae, Charlie Smith, Ian Dick, Bobby Gray Junior, Donnie MacKinnon, Brian Ralston, Jackie Campbell, Archie Lochrie(?), Donnie McDowall, John Gibson, Bobby Houston,

Jackie Husband(Sitting), Bobby Gray Senior, Jimmy Mullin, Ian Reid, Willie Johnstone, Jim Docherty, - no idea who the guy on the far right on the front row is.

Is there a major prize for this...like a copy of the Jags Mag?

• Like 1

Not sure I like the old-timers tag - I'm still young at heart! I was a schoolboy anorak about anything to do with Thistle in 1971 though so I think:-

Tommy Rae, Charlie Smith, Ian Dick, Bobby Gray Junior, Donnie MacKinnon, Brian Ralston, Jackie Campbell, Archie Lochrie(?), Donnie McDowall, John Gibson, Bobby Houston,

Jackie Husband(Sitting), Bobby Gray Senior, Jimmy Mullin, Ian Reid, Willie Johnstone, Jim Docherty, - no idea who the guy on the far right on the front row is.

Is there a major prize for this...like a copy of the Jags Mag?

I think that's it, perfect! Aargh, should've thought of digging out my old Jags Mags!

No idea who the Flight Squadron Leader at the front right is. Same gear as Jackie Husband, so maybe a coach or physio?

It would be great if players were described in that style in today's programmes!

Some great turns of phrase:

"dour and very effective"; "tackles judiciously"

"Should develop into a top-notcher."

"the heftiest man in the eleven"; "Uses his cranium"

"took the Firhill shilling"

"has the bad habit of shooting wildly"

All brilliant!

• Like 1

It would be great if players were described in that style in today's programmes!

Some great turns of phrase:

"dour and very effective"; "tackles judiciously"

"Should develop into a top-notcher."

"the heftiest man in the eleven"; "Uses his cranium"

"took the Firhill shilling"

"has the bad habit of shooting wildly"

All brilliant!

"dour and very effective"; "tackles judiciously" - Stephen Craigen

"Should develop into a top-notcher." - Stuart Bannigan

"the heftiest man in the eleven"; "Uses his cranium" - Gordon Rae

"has the bad habit of shooting wildly" - John Baird

"took the Firhill shilling" - Issac Osbourne

Well before everybody's time I think. But this team reached the Cup Final that season and took it to a replay, so they must have been a good outfit. The Dental Cup Final also springs to mind, when Alec Hair scored 5 against Rangers, a feat unequalled by any Scottish player, as far as I know. Can anyone confirm ?