Senior career*

Years Team Apps† (Gls)†

2010 América 0 (0)

2010–2012 Atlante UTN 2 (0)

2011–2012 → San Luis (loan) 3 (0)

2012 Dénia 13 (1)

2012–2013 Rayo Vallecano B 26 (3)

2013- Partick Thistle 0 (0)

* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 10 April 2013.

† Appearances (Goals).

Gabriel Rojo de la Vega Piccolo or simply Gabriel (born 15 October 1989), is a Mexican footballer who currently plays for Spanish club Rayo Vallecano B.[1]

Career[edit]

Born in Mexico City, Gabriel began his career with hometown's Club América. He then moved to Atlante F.C., joining Atlante UTN.[2] He played two matches before being loaned to San Luis F.C.. On 16 March 2011, he made his professional debut, in a Copa Libertadores match against Once Caldas.[3] On 2 April, he made his league debut, against Querétaro F.C..[4]

On 21 January 2012 Gabriel moved to Spain, signing a contract with CD Dénia.[5] On 1 August, he joined La Liga side Rayo Vallecano, being assigned with the club's "B" team.[6]

In July 2013 Gabriel joined Scottish Premiership side Partick Thistle on a two-year deal.

References[edit]

^ "El mundo vuelve a ver a Mexico" (in Spanish). MARCA. 10 April 2013.

^ De la Vega no tiene límites (De la Vega has no limits); oem.com.mx, 11 September 2012 (Spanish)

^ Once Caldas 1 - 1 San Luis; ESPN FC, 16 March 2011

^ Querétaro 3 - 2 San Luis; ESPN FC, 2 April 2011

^ Dos jugadores mexicanos llegan para reforzar a la plantilla del Dénia (Two Mexican players arrive to bolster Dénia's squad); lasprovincias.es, 21 January 2012 (Spanish)

^ "Mexicano jugará con el Rayo Vallecano" (in Spanish). VAVEL. 19 November 2012.[dead link]

External links[edit]

Futbolme profile (Spanish)

Soccerway profile

ESPN Soccernet profile

Transfermarkt profile

This biographical article relating to Mexican Association football is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.

Categories: 1989 birthsLiving peoplePeople from Mexico CityMexican footballersAssociation football defendersClub América footballersAtlante F.C. footballersSan Luis F.C. footballersMexican expatriate footballersExpatriate footballers in SpainMexican football biography stubs

Didn't impress me

Thought we were far better when Muirhead and Balatoni were together

I thought the Check left sided players was a better player when he was on trial

Wasn't there this afternoon so can't comment in Mexican boy but the Czech didn't impress me.

Anyone who's facing the man & not looking at the ball a recipe for disaster in our game with our referees!

Thought Gabriel was solid and very composed, some meaty challenges right enough but i think he was playing by friendly rules and was smart enough to know that Willie Collum had left his cards at home for the day. Never easy playing as a trialist but he always seemed to have plenty of time when in possession bit like Shaggy in his day!

• Like 1

Didn't impress me

Thought we were far better when Muirhead and Balatoni were together

I thought the Check left sided players was a better player when he was on trial

The Czech player who played against Dumbarton & Livingston was right sided. Decent enough with his left peg but.much better on his right.

If Archie & Shaggy between them can't select the best trialist centreback available to us then I think we're in for real problems.

We thought he was Tena formerly of Livingston. But big Gabby sure looked the part today. Delighted at the signing as he's clearly got ability. Just hope he survives the winter!!

I'll be even happier if he can't get a game ;-)

Edited by brodieboy

Me as well.

Welcome Gabriel and all the best with the Jags :thumbsup2:

! Bienvenido al campo de suenos.! Espero que te gustara el ambiente de Firhill y que te acostumbres muy rapido a la vida escosesa I'm not sure if Gabriel will displace the current holders of the central defence pairing, bit as a back-up looked perfectly capable of doing an excellent job. At half-time I said to a neighbour that we might have unearthed a new Shaggy. Maybe a bit carried away, but there you go !

He played 26 matches in a Rayo Vallecano B side that conceded 57 goals and finished second bottom in the Second Division B, Group 1(North west) last season. A division with (allegedly) low standards last season, top teams were Oviedo and Tenerife.

If you have the time to watch him in action, click in any of the links and he´s playing against Orense & Coruxo. He wears number 5 in both matches.

http://www.crtvg.es/...-raio-vallecano

http://www.crtvg.es/deportes/futbol-2-div-b-coruxo-raio-vallecano

Edited by Spanish Jag