Embarassing

jagsvayne

I'm not embarrassed i'm livid!

I pity the poor souls who have spent at least £25 to travel & watch that pish.

McCall has given up, you can sense the lack of leadership on & off the park. He is now a liability & is fast losing any respect that people had for him.

I'm not embarrassed i'm livid!

I pity the poor souls who have spent at least £25 to travel & watch that pish.

McCall has given up, you can sense the lack of leadership on & off the park. He is now a liability & is fast losing any respect that people had for him.

McCall will have all his excuses he will reiterate the same old cliches, no money, budget cut, can't sign players that I want. In reality if he were to go who could we get to take over. I can't think of anyone who would want to take this mess on.Perhaps ,I'm wrong and McCall may turn it around but don't think so. There is an air of gloom at Firhill which is not helped by the Board who never come out with anything positive. I think a few of them would like to get out but who is going to replace them, unfortunately no white knight on horizon.

Paton is only following his boss's lead - McCall has already criticized the fans - he is setting the example!

Poor wee fat manager & poor wee players against us nasty fans that actually have the audacity to voice our opinion as opposed to thank them for all their hard work & effort(what a joke!).

Same old failings season after season:-

Passing the ball to death with no end product.

No strikers who can score. Buchanan was right through twice on the keeper whilst being harried by two defenders. Rowson also had two good chances to score and squandered both. In fairness to him he did well in dispossessing the defender at the edge of the area to make the chance.

The game:-

Goal no 1. Cross to the back post with no challenge on the striker. [ Unmarked crosses to the back post were also the cause of goal number 4.]

Goal no 2. Halliwell passed the ball to Boyle who had two strikers marking him. Not surprisingly he was dispossesed and they scored .

Goal 3. Attacker running for the ball with bombscare Willie in close attendance. Willie decides, as he is last man in defence to chop the striker down, resulting in his red card and subsequent penalty award. The keeper had no chance with the penalty. Willie also had a deflected clearance hit his own crossbar with the keeper beaten. To be more constructive Willie also had some good headers but our managers will have to devise an aparatus that stops him pulling and tugging the oposition jersey and also putting his arms round players, either that or teach him how to do it more professionally so the referee does not see it.

I didn't quite understand the tactical change of placing Chris Erskine through the centre as a striker because:-

1. He is not strong in the air.

2. He is not particularly fast.

Why therefore was he not played on the wing, to suit his strongest ability of taking on players? Especially when at this stage Grehan was sitting on the bench?

Understandbly fans were rather angry at the end as there were no Chemist shops selling anti depressents in the vicinity of the ground after the game. On a more serious note there were calls to sack the board. With Thistle being a private limited company I don't see how this is possible?

No one is going to buy all the debt to take over the club. We are therefore stuck with what we have got.

Several fans shouted at McCall asking where the five year plan was now. In fairness, plans can only be delivered where the vast majority of the inputs to the plan remain constant and do not change.e.g. finance, good players being retained. However we fans, as major contributors to the club do require some form of 5 year plan to give us the confidence to continue parting with our hard earned cash.

Propco was seen as the saviour of the club. When are we likely to see the realisation of the propco deal in benefits to the club?

If the realisation of this finance is dependant on the property market picking up. We are in for a long haul. If that is the case? What is the plan in the interim to safe guard the club?

I understand that all businesses are under pressure financially and our club is no exception. What I do not understand [with the exception of Dundee] is how clubs with smaller crowds/revenue streams than us can sign better players than us? [ One of whom scored a hatrick against us today]

What the club has to remember is that they are in the entertainment business and although football fans have probably a bit more tolerance and loyalty to the club than say a theatre fan, ultimately that tolerance has a limit and if the product like today was to continue then the club will unfortunately pay the penalty at the gate.

What also concerns me this season is that if league reconstruction were to happen we may be so far off the pace that we will loose out.

I don't normally post. Like the silent majority i usually just read the polarisation of views. I felt I had to put my concerns into print with hopefully a bit of balance to them.

That was awful and anyone who will defend McCall after today's showing can only look at the saying "You're only as bad as your last game". He will harp on about how his budget is cut and how he as not a penny to spend but in all honesty, he hands wages to Willie Kinniburgh, Paddy Boyle, and all these coaching roles that just aren't needed. Why are we still pinning our hopes of scoring on the 36 year old Simon Donnelly? But McCall tries to dress it up as if it's benefiting the club that he's also a coach? It doesn't benefit the fans who pay good money every week to watch the same old shite. Who gives a **** if he seems to have a good influence on "the lads" at training, their job is penultimately to perform on Saturday and this bunch of players just simply can't. Chris Erskine just runs about like a headless chicken as well. People will sit all day and defend McCall and blame certain players, but who signs and puts these players on the park? As for Paul Paton, he should be ashamed of himself. He directed a giruy sign at all the fans, so therefore it was also directed at the young boy who actually clapped the team off as well. Great example he sets. Would love someone to kick these fraudsters up the arse.

And RE: The bookies comment about McCall, he's known to be pissing his money away in the bookies and different pubs in the West End.

@dundeejag

Propco was only half a plan; in conjunction with propco the club had to live within their means, something they have not managed to do for many years. They never articulated the other half of the plan at the time which we are now seeing the manifestation of...I think propco was missold, it gave the impression it would see player budgets increased, etc in the short term; hat was never going to happen.

If they do not, then there is a possible upside for those in our boardroom through their interest in propco by buying the rest out a discount.

This was always my problem with propco, there is a HUGE conflict issue. There are two reasons to worry - 1 are they competent enough to operate a balanced budget or 2 are they ethical enough to safeguard decision making is not conflicted and compromised at a club board level.

I think we all have an opinion to both those questions.

Edited by jaf

Propco was only half a plan; in conjunction with propco the club had to live within their means, something they have not managed to do for many years.

If they do not, then there is a possible upside for those in our boardroom through their interest in propco by buying the rest out a discount.

This was always my problem with propco, there is a HUGE conflict issue. There are two reasons to worry - 1 are they competent enough to operate a balanced budget or 2 are they ethical enough to safeguard decision making is not conflicted and compromised at a club board level.

I think we all have an opinion to both those questions.

A reasounding NO from me to both questions...as fans all we could ever do (once it was decided to go ahead with this) is hope Propco did what it was supposed to. That hope still remains but my answers to your questions shows what a precarious position the Club is in with regards to this.

Someone said last week that McCall is working his ticket...are the BoD doing likewise :unknw: