Just In....

MMCF

I have not yet had the privilege but here goes. Thistle for the first thirty minutes were dominant but never made or took a clear cut chance. It seemed that we lost our way after the Referee (standard bonkers bloke) let the Fat Pie Man off with two clear bookable fouls. We lost our way and Killie came back into the game. Second half started even stevens and we lost a bad goal to a corner kick which got to the back post and got slipped in from there. You had the feeling that this would be your standard-game-against the Killie, play well and lose to a daft one but we roared back won a free kick courtesy of Erskine who w=had been having one of those off games. Higgenbottem lined it up and stuck it low past the keeper. It helped when the equaliser came so quickly. Play raged after that, Thistle playing some nice stuff, at times too nice stuff, and Killie looking to slip the channels or just stick one to Boyd to head on or head off. We survived a couple of moments that I don't think I even want to watch as replays including a bar-hit and save form Gallagher which was just on this side of miraculous and another that got tipped over bar round post. In the end a Taylor replacement of a hard working Doolan seemed to have let a ball get a way from him but recovered it at the edge of the box and turned to cross for the on-rushing Craigen to get in front of a centre half and goal keeper. Last five were an edge of the seat ride bit we got there. Just.

Job done but not completely. We need to apply oursel;ves with as much effort on Friday night.

So marks out out of ten.

Nobody let the side down. Thought the Craigen-before-Fraser decision was strange but the boy put in a shift and the goal in front of massed Jags fans was wonerful. Centre halfs stood up well against the constant harassing threat of the Fat Pie Man. Bannigan in the middle of the park was at his best. Ably supported by Buabin who despite getting caught a couple of time on the wrong side of Killie attacks was actually very prominent in getting forward. He needs to be more confident about taking shots on goal. Erskine had one of thos games where for the first half nothing came off. He grew into the second half and became much more of a threat winning the free kick which Higgy slotted for the equaliser. Doolan worked very hard without mush reward but I think justified his first choice. If anything Taylor seemed more energised and could have scored from chances but did well to chase down and provide the cross for the winner. Taylor Sinclair had a better game than recently and was a constant threat down the left wing. Higgenbottem had one of those games where he tried and tried and it became frustrating for both he and the crowd when things did not quite come off, but man is he dedicated to the cause (note to Kallum - how much more support can you expect from a Jags crowd who are on the edge of frenetic?). Killie will still be a threat but now only to other teams. Once they got started they really pushed in the second half. It is a tremendous result but we need to ride the wave of momentum with some sensible degree of reality. Friday night will be massive and we can only win with both feet on the ground and same level of commitment shown today

Original post a good summary, but I think it was Higgy who put the cross in for the winner?

Really exciting game, but both teams had spells whee they were nervy as hell. Killy were really shit for the first 1/2 hour but by the end Banzo, Mair and the Prince were giving the ball away all over the place and Craigan was kinda done.

Erskine was poor in the first half but some great stuff through the middle later on. Word too for the keeper - heroic. Higgy probably my MoTM.

Brilliant to finally get the win over the tractors that we really should have got in each of our last three games against them.

Bring on the saintees!

That's the beauty of such a frenetic game. Just when you thought that the ball/chance had gone, when it had run across the Killie goal heading for the dead ball line..... Your eye followed Taylor, who really burst a gut to recover it, and then a swivel and a sharp turn with a dink of a cross and there was a head on top of a Red and Yellow strip getting a solid pummel on to the aforementioned cross that ....you didn't really care if it was ATS or Craigie. The ball in that back of the net and a good two minute celebration to use up a little more time of the vanishing clock.

Jings,

Crivens.

Help-Ma-Boab.

Next you'll be marking my spelling and taking points off for grammar.

Hope Camaillian ?? has some footage

Absolutely. The brilliant aspect of the winning goal was that for the second before ATS planted that header firmly into the back of the net, you knew what he was going to do and could enjoy the moment.

Excellent timing for his run. He suddenly appeared out of right field (looking from behind the goal) and hung in the air like an avenging angel!

Fantastic result.

Gallacher excellent. Great save for the tip onto the bar, and subsequent clearance from the on rushing boyd.

Mcmillan was steay.

Mair was shaky at times but overall he and balatoni handled fat boy ok.

Ats usual hard working self up on down the flank, great desire to get the winner.

Bannigan steady enough, bauben at times looked good, then other times frustrates.

Craigan erskine were hard working, if im being picky i'd have liked more from them attacking wise.

Doolan hard working and usual sublime first touch.

Higgy was different class as usual by far our man of the match.

Cant wait for friday

No failures today. Galls was immense. That save near the end was fantastic. The difference in Balatoni in the 2nd half of the season has been mind boggling. The defence looks solid with him back and I thought McMillan had his best game for us. Craigan ran his heart out and it was good to see him back to form. Higgy is the spark of the team. A word about the support today...IMMENSE! Fantastic result but it's still all up in the air and plenty of turns still to come. The game on Friday should be a belter

Edited by Lindau

Don't think we can underestimate that result. Solid performance from most and fair play to Archie for making the changes. I though that Prince had one of his best games in a Thistle shirt. If Erskine had the confidence to shoot, he could have had a couple.

I do not like getting on at referees, however today I will make an exception. He was howling. Is Boyd immune from receiving a yellow card? His unwillingness to caution him after his 2 fairly wild challenges in a row made him lose control of the game.

Roll on Friday, 3 points would be most welcome.

Great victory today and I'd say over the piece thoroughly deserve, but Thistle been Thistle there were the usual edgy moments, particularly the shot that hit the bar, it seemed to bounce inside the goal from wher I was sitting. But, we've had no luck this season and anyway since it was against Kilmarnock I don't give a flying f*ck.

Overall I hope we can build on this result going into Friday's game which is massive. An extra bonus today was hearing Ross County got humped by Hearts, would have loved to see Adam's face. :clapping::fan::)

Edited by stillresigned

Great victory today and I'd say over the piece thoroughly deserve, but Thistle been Thistle there were the usual edgy moments, particularly the shot that hit the bar, it seemed to bounce inside the goal from wher I was sitting. But, we've had no luck this season and anyway since it was against Kilmarnock I don't give a flying f*ck.

Overall I hope we can build on this result going into Friday's game which is massive. An extra bonus today was hearing Ross County got humped by Hearts, would have loved to see Adam's face. :clapping::fan::)

wait till you see him on his erse after Hamill knocked him over haha!Sportscene is getting taped tomorrow!

• Like 1

Quote from Alan Johnston on radio scotland on the way home from the game " we looked very comfortable when we were one nil up and never looked like we'd lose the match" that'll be for an entire 3 minutes then ya prize plank. If he tried another tactic apart from high balls for Boyd they would win more games, clueless.

Thought McMillan had his best game for us today, actually supported the wingers down the flanks for once! Taylor made a huge difference when he came on too, makes space for himself and creates his own chances when nothing's on.

Higgy is infuriating at times brilliant at others but I love the fact that he gives his heart for the cause. Please learn to pass though higgy, it's a team game.

Brilliant day and I could feel the stand bouncing at the end of the game, great stuff.