Christie-Immense Today

I thought he was immense today-one of the stand outs on the park.. Wonder if Archie will play him in that position more regularly. My MOTM.

Thought he did really well in the right wing-back role and more effective when he moved back there from midfield.

Always been a stand out for me, plays with a passion and rawness which is what I like about him, I think the problem he has is he plays in that many positions he has become a bit of a utility player, nail a position and he will excel, mention for lawless the kid give his all today be a shame to let him go

Still view Elliot as an impact player from the bench but he was impressive at right back. Looked more of an attacking threat than O'donnell so if he can work on the defensive side then no reason why he can't push for that place. Chances are the squad will be bigger again next season. Definitely would be offering a new deal

I think if we are being serious as challenging for top six next season we can't keep players that have been a bit part in division one and this year.

We can't always sign excellent players, most of the time we can't, we have to buy players with potential & improve them. No-one could say Elliott hasn't improved greatly & is clearly still improving, he's worth a new deal 100%.

• Like 1

We can't always sign excellent players, most of the time we can't, we have to buy players with potential & improve them. No-one could say Elliott hasn't improved greatly & is clearly still improving, he's worth a new deal 100%.

yes and equally so I think the same could be equally said of erskine if he is not kept on at Dundee united. The same is the case for balatoni, lawless, Fraser, banningan craigen muirhead etc which is why they should be cut some slack

I'm not sure why we're particularly lauding him today.Christie has all season shown he can adapt to different positions. What he lacks in natural skill is well compensated for by some improvised stuff. Just because he has no default position doesn't make him some sort of headless chicken as some of our more black & white posters try and brand him.

Whilst he played well today at right back in the second half his first touch is horrible, he always has the ball at least 3-4 yards ahead of him and at right back if ur caught out then your in trouble as your usually the last line of defence.

His cross was great for the first goal but I worry if he's our new right back.

Kennymac who said he was our new right back u worry too much, and with regards first touch, watch his assist via first touch in hearts game, watch his first touch in long ball lost ball off piccolo today, if it was Doolan u would be singing his praises, u talk as though Archie is blind and sees different quality a to yourself, the boy plays out of his skin

• Like 1

Kennymac who said he was our new right back u worry too much, and with regards first touch, watch his assist via first touch in hearts game, watch his first touch in long ball lost ball off piccolo today, if it was Doolan u would be singing his praises, u talk as though Archie is blind and sees different quality a to yourself, the boy plays out of his skin

I've heard some guff on this forum, a lot by myself, however the fact that Elliott doesn't have a shocking first touch is the worst. U name 3 times he's done well, compared to the numerous times his touch is honking.

He tries his best and I appreciate he does that and has limited ability but his first touch is the worst at firhill and it's something he's needs to improve. If u play right back then ur the last line of defence and u lose the ball it's a goal, simples.

His cross was great I agree, however is that a right backs main job? No. It's defending. And with that touch we might get in bother.