Danny Seaborne

Mediocre Pundit

Being described as a strong and imposing figure in defence - which is exactly the type of player we need.

Coventry fans split on him though we some saying he is slow. Only time will tell but Archie must be confident on him as he is on a two year deal.

I take it Elvis has recommended him to Archie, seems a bit strange we trialled every other defender including Barr who we know is up to the job, yet we haven't seen this guy and he's signed for 2 years.lets hope he turns out better than the last defender we signed on a 2 year deal!

• Members

To be honest, that sort of statement (if it is aimed at internet critics) is uncalled for and makes whoever penned it just as bad as those that were voicing their concerns. I hope that's not a sign of things to come from the OS.

Anyway, back to Danny. 6'3" tall so a good bit of height there for a change. Hopefully he can be a bit of a handfull at the other end of the park at set plays as well.

• Like 2

Totally agree Willjag. Not sure why it was necessary to have a dig at people that spend their hard earned following the club. All that everybody did was say was that they were concerned that we had lost a lot of players but only brought two in. Not quite sure what is wrong with that!

• Like 1

Disingenuous. Sure, the majority were only expressing concern but a couple at least were having a go at the manager over this. I don't think you can blame the OS for making that comment in support of the manager though it might have been better if they'd said nothing, The signing speaks for itself and nothing else need have been added.

• Members

I think it's completely justified given the criticism of the club's strategy and questioning of the manager's integrity.

You're standards are slipping DP! :D

Anyhow, let's not let this thread develop into an argument over the wording of the article on the OS.

Rather petty and unprofessional of the OS to be putting that message there.

Anyway happy with his signing. Good pedigree, addresses a key deficiency in the squad and versatile. I hope however that if he is to be our first choice left back, that he is genuinely comfortable in that position and is capable of playing the attaching style required by our full backs. Interested to see where he plays on Wednesday

Some words of caution though, Coventry fans not fussed at all at his departure based on reading their forum where he was seen as 4th/5th choice centre back, and he is seemingly to be replaced by Brian McLean who wouldn't have been an inspiring signing