V Aberdeen, Saturday 30Th September 2014

stillresigned

Except, this week they lost in the next round to Krasnodar. No, I haven't heard of them, either.

You probably should have, they knocked Motherwell out of Europe last season then drew home and away with Swansea. They've a budget of $40m a season and are often the best supported club in Russia.

Said in a previous thread , not sure where Stevenson fits into our team but never a centre forward . No mobility , no pace . no goal scoring threat , I'm not even sure I could find a place in our midfield for him before Banzo , Fraser etc as our style of play is about quick passing and movement off the ball. Archie obviously sees it differently .

Archie needs a wake up call regarding Stevenson/Doolan. What does Dools have to do to start?!

Reckon Stevenson has been told if he signs for us we will make him captain and he will always feature. Ridiculous.

Pleased with rest of the line up though.

Some big robust defenders for the Dons. Lawless in particular was pushed around too easily by them last season, so by replacing him and Dools with Elliott and Stevenson, it looks like Archie is trying to match them physically. Dools chance will come.

Dools chance will come !!

That statement is unbelievable as he is meant to be the clubs prime striker and has been here for over 5 years.

Time and time again he proves himself. Feel very sorry for him.

When we hammered County 4-0 Stevenson looked fine to me.

IMO Stevenson tends to stay more central and links the play better (given he's primarily a midfielder!) rather than Dools who tends to run into the channels and then has no-one to cross to as none of the midfield have caught up yet.

Dools chance will come !!

That statement is unbelievable as he is meant to be the clubs prime striker and has been here for over 5 years.

Time and time again he proves himself. Feel very sorry for him.

Yep inexplicable and apparently we want to sign a striker ?! Where would Stevenson be playing if Taylor had signed ?!

The 2 best players on Tuesday don't start today? Hopefully Archie knows what he's doing. Maybe going for the physical side, but Dools

must be wondering what he has to do to get a start.

Playing well against opposition 2 leagues below is a different proposition to playing Aberdeen away.

Playing well against opposition 2 leagues below is a different proposition to playing Aberdeen away.

playing against Dundee and Hamilton and being largely ineffective against 2 of the weakest teams we will face doesn't fill me with confidence he can do better against Aberdeen.. should have given Dools a start