Politics At The Football...?

crazy davie

You don't have to be an expert in the oil industry, arithmetic, or anything at all to work out that however finite the oil reserves are, or how volatile the price of oil might be over time, reaping 90% of the value of that resource is a hell of a lot better than being able to access a mere 8 or 9% of that value.

Seriously, how stupid do you think other people on this forum are?

Do you have any definite answers for us yet re. the next UK General Election result, and the in/out EU referendum?

You don't have 90% of that resource, taxes are to be cut, corporate dramatically, so that figure drops, your expenditure is to greatly increase as is the payments on debt etc

Right, **** the economics

I was in in Paris the night McFadden Scored. And I was there when he scored against Holland at Hampden.

I was there at Peterhead, and I was physically sick the night we went down at Tannadice.

I may be a **** with alcohol, but I have never been nasty or violent with it (or got behind the wheel).

And in my darkest hour, I feel I have the Jags support behind me. I have worked for you all my life, help me now.

What a bunch we Scots are, eh!

We get all worked up singing "Flower of Scotland", which includes the words "when will we see your like again, that fought and diedfor your wee bit hill and glen..."

Then, when we are presented with the opportunity to win self-determination without firing a shot, half of us are shitting ourselves.

What a bunch we Scots are, eh!

We get all worked up singing "Flower of Scotland", which includes the words "when will we see your like again, that fought and diedfor your wee bit hill and glen..."

Then, when we are presented with the opportunity to win self-determination without firing a shot, half of us are shitting ourselves.

But I did see the hills and glens.

I know the Scottish Mountains like the back of my hand, and they are looking for union tonight.

Mr Hankey didn't really need to come on here and say "get it round yees" and tell us he's bringing a flag. If he wants to do that to celebrate then that's up to him and there's no problem with it but he's obviously out to get a rise from people who are still very disappointed about last night and are sure to 'bite'. Too easy. Now that's sad.

Edited by i@n

Mr Hankey didn't really need to come on here and say "get it round yees" and tell us he's bringing a flag. If he wants to do that to celebrate then that's up to him and there's no problem with it but he's obviously out to get a rise from people who are still very disappointed about last night and are sure to 'bite'. Too easy. Now that's sad.

Jaggernaut bit very easily but did not have to reply in such an offensive manner. It's sad that that several Yes supporters here cannot accept the will of the majority (55%) who voted in a referendum with a massive 85% turnout.

Jaggernaut bit very easily but did not have to reply in such an offensive manner. It's sad that that several Yes supporters here cannot accept the will of the majority (55%) who voted in a referendum with a massive 85% turnout.

55 to 45 is hardly a decisive majority though - and wouldn't be if the result was reversed either.

Yeah that's very true. The response was over the top. I'm sure yes voters ARE finding it hard to accept. It's been two years of relentless campaigning for some, chatting with family, online forums or whatever else to try and get their message across. Do you expect people to just move on in one day? That's just not how people work.

^ The divisions will run deep for some time but the vote was decisive, much more so than expected. In Glasgow it was 53.5% Yes to 46.5% No. In East Dunbartonshire and other areas where the Jags support is strong, the NO campaign won. It's likely that our support was similarly divided and we have to move on quickly.

Edited by kni

Dust has settled, over a day of to consider, and i consider myself a very reasonable person. In my opinion Jaggernaut's response was fair.

I think a lot of us have gone a bit nuts over the last few days. Combination of passion and exhaustion.

It was mental, and no one should be blamed.

Lets just move on like nothing happened :head_ball:

I think a lot of us have gone a bit nuts over the last few days. Combination of passion and exhaustion.

Thistle make

At least Thistle did their best on Friday to make it look like nothing has happened!