St Mirren.. Friday 19Th

dougie247

OS preview now up: http://ptfc.co.uk/teams/senior/seasons/2014-2015/fixtures_results/1909_st_mirren/preview

Balatoni doubtful, Ecclestone a chance of making it and Welsh only 6 weeks from a comeback :tongue2:

I can just picture Sean welsh sitting at home with his feet up, counting his wages and chortling away at the incessant 'six weeks' jibes. Time to give the boy a break methinks

• Like 1

In no way was I having a go at Welsh. Only at the fact the club can't come clean and admit that his medical problem that slows down his recovery from injury means they really can't put a date on his recovery. I hope that despite his problems he will play for us again soon but even if he doesn't I certainly have appreciated what he contributed in getting us to where we are now.

And I'm sure that the other posters who've made the same jibe feel the same.

Fox

Mcmillan - Balatoni - Seaborne - Carroll

Osman - Bannigan

Stevenson

Lawless - Doolan – Higginbotham

This is one of the times we slipped up last year when we were expected to win. Let’s hope that is not the case tonight. Big opportunity here to get ten points ahead of St Mirren. County play Aberdeen away on Saturday so hopefully ten in front of them as well.

Tactically interesting how St Mirren play this one. I expect kicking Higgy to be one of them, Inverness certainly did. Looking for Stevenson to start to show why Archie singed him, this is likely to be a physical affair so this game will suit him.

St Mirren will try to crowd out Higgy so we need others to take advantage of the space that creates. I fancy Doolan to be one of them.

Losing Thompson is a big loss for St Mirren, he would be a good fit for our team.

If we do managed to beat them here and on Tuesday then St Mirren could well be looking for a new manager.

Fox

Mcmillan - Balatoni - Seaborne - Carroll

Osman - Bannigan

Stevenson

Lawless - Doolan – Higginbotham

This is one of the times we slipped up last year when we were expected to win. Let’s hope that is not the case tonight. Big opportunity here to get ten points ahead of St Mirren. County play Aberdeen away on Saturday so hopefully ten in front of them as well.

Tactically interesting how St Mirren play this one. I expect kicking Higgy to be one of them, Inverness certainly did. Looking for Stevenson to start to show why Archie singed him, this is likely to be a physical affair so this game will suit him.

St Mirren will try to crowd out Higgy so we need others to take advantage of the space that creates. I fancy Doolan to be one of them.

Losing Thompson is a big loss for St Mirren, he would be a good fit for our team.

If we do managed to beat them here and on Tuesday then St Mirren could well be looking for a new manager.

From what i've heard, Craig is fully aware he is only temporary as new owners will be announced in the next two weeks and they may bin him. Hence why the club gave him a 2 year contract, so he gets a nice wee pay off.

St Mirren play the same formation as us.

Tesselar has been their stand out this season and the fans are feeling sorry for him coming back and having to play in such a shoit team.

MacAusland is a calamity and has been the fault for the majority of goals they have conceded.

Craig is playing Ozzy and Goodwin together, so that shows you how much faith he has in his centre backs. in reality, McGinn should be beside Ozzy with Goodwin replacing MacAusland.

From an attacking perspective they are all at sea, not really playing anyone on the left, McLean and McGinn seem to take turns, behind the striker or on the left. The boy Drury from Man City plays on the right in the lawless role and apparently will never make it as a footballer, it seems his loan deal may insist he has to start every week.

Upfront they are appalling, with Thompson out, they have no goals.

From what i've heard, Craig is fully aware he is only temporary as new owners will be announced in the next two weeks and they may bin him. Hence why the club gave him a 2 year contract, so he gets a nice wee pay off.

St Mirren play the same formation as us.

Tesselar has been their stand out this season and the fans are feeling sorry for him coming back and having to play in such a shoit team.

MacAusland is a calamity and has been the fault for the majority of goals they have conceded.

Craig is playing Ozzy and Goodwin together, so that shows you how much faith he has in his centre backs. in reality, McGinn should be beside Ozzy with Goodwin replacing MacAusland.

From an attacking perspective they are all at sea, not really playing anyone on the left, McLean and McGinn seem to take turns, behind the striker or on the left. The boy Drury from Man City plays on the right in the lawless role and apparently will never make it as a footballer, it seems his loan deal may insist he has to start every week.

Upfront they are appalling, with Thompson out, they have no goals.

Haha, we're so going to lose this. If the above wasn't worrying enough, tonight will be my first game of the season...

Wee Lawless is having a great game... What a ball in for Dools. Perfection!

We're playing ok in spells but still looking shakey at the back. Stevenson is looking really off the pace TBH. Slow and low in confidence. Higgy causing problems as usual but gave away another really stupid free kick and got himself carded for it again. Is that him suspended for the next game is it?

reasonable first half with a good 15 min spell in the middle of the half. Higgy's yellow card was a total joke and would never had been given if the 'offence' happened at the JH side of the ground. Hope he doesn't pick up another silly yellow in the 2nd half. McLean's dive was one of the worst ever yet the twat ref does nothing. Great play by Lawless & Dools for the goal :clapping: Hope we can bury them early in the second half as we are far the better team