Mcfadden

thornwoodjag

Thompson out for 12 weeks for them so signing Faddy would make sense for them.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/511351/EXCLUSIVE-Long-lay-off-for-St-Mirren-striker-Steven-Thompson

..........................................i would take McFadden in a minute for Thistle

Yeah I saw that......will probably swing things St Middens way. I also would take him in a minute at Firhill

Are we at the mercenary stage of our premier life-cycle? Or do people still have the hots for him because he scored a pretty goal for Scotland once?

Maybe if St Mirren sign him it will keep Tommy Craig in his job a little while longer, thereby helping our survival immensely.

Or should we stick Doolan back on the bench in preference for him?

Are we at the mercenary stage of our premier life-cycle? Or do people still have the hots for him because he scored a pretty goal for Scotland once?

Maybe if St Mirren sign him it will keep Tommy Craig in his job a little while longer, thereby helping our survival immensely.

Or should we stick Doolan back on the bench in preference for him?

Could stick Stevenson on the bench , for what Faddy has achieved in the game even at 31, Stevenson couldn't even lace Faddy's boots . Would be a great signing with Higgy , Banzo , Dools running off him , if there's a chance to sign him and it's financially sound we should go for it .

Think it says alot about James McFadden that he has been training with us for the past couple of months to maintain his fitness.

I would sign him if the price was right as I believe he would be a great player for our club and could teach our younger players a thing or two.

St Mirren is a bit of a car crash at the moment, he might not fancy them.

Would love him to sign for us, even until the rest of the season. he's still got the legs for another season anyways. I would hope the fact he's been training with us and he knows all the players and our style of play that would put us in the driving seat but if its money he's after then were humped. he's saying he still wants to be involved with Scotland, I just can't see him getting a call up if he's playing with Thistle or St Mirren though.

• Like 1

Pearson is one I thought about the other day & wondered where he had got to. Certainly another option for midfield if he was fit. I really like Craigen though & would be more than happy for him to stake a regular claim for a place in the team given the chance. Do think we're a little light though with Welsh & Fraser being out, meaning another CM could/should be on the horizon, unless Wilson is deemed good enough to fill that gap.