Quarter Final

ThickAsThieves

A start for Eccleston who's goal got us there I think. I'd also bring in Stevenson. Tempted to bump out Craigen and Elliot - keeping Dools in behind Eccleston and Stevenson out wide. Won't happen though. Always quite like Doolans work deeper in the pitch.

Noticed Celtic put out pretty much first team against Killie today getting a very comfortable win (2-0 going on 6 or 7 according to commentators). Bit annoying to get such an untroubled game but I guess we did as well. Kayal, Mulgrew, Griffiths, Lustig all still on bench so wouldn't be surprised to see them line up against us.

• Like 1

I suspect the big incentive for the home team might depend on the other bigoted team's result the previous evening. If St. Johnstone lose then the chance for a bigotfest semi-final or (even worse) final will be just the incentive they need to re-invigorate their flagging season and a chance to pander to the lowest common denominator within their respective supports.

Flags, flares, charming ditties and arrests.................................................................

.............................. Fox .............................

............ Frans .. Balatoni .. Seaborne .........

O'Donnell .. Osman .. McMillan .. Bannigan

....... Lawless ....................... McDaid .........

....................... Eccleston ...........................

McDaid to provide more of a determination going forward, a youthful energy could be what it takes to win this game.

Eccleston I think deserves a shot.

Put Bannigan at wing back cause I think this would allow him more freedom on the pitch to go forward and support McDaid and Eccleston.

McMillan can play the holding midfield alongside Osman - both purely as disruptive presences.

O'Donnel can push forward knowing we have three good centre halfs on the pitch and can work closely with Lawless.

Fox has made a few good saves and for the first time this season I've chosen him over Gallacher.

.............................. Fox .............................

............ Frans .. Balatoni .. Seaborne .........

O'Donnell .. Osman .. McMillan .. Bannigan

....... Lawless ....................... McDaid .........

....................... Eccleston ...........................

McDaid to provide more of a determination going forward, a youthful energy could be what it takes to win this game.

Eccleston I think deserves a shot.

Put Bannigan at wing back cause I think this would allow him more freedom on the pitch to go forward and support McDaid and Eccleston.

McMillan can play the holding midfield alongside Osman - both purely as disruptive presences.

O'Donnel can push forward knowing we have three good centre halfs on the pitch and can work closely with Lawless.

Fox has made a few good saves and for the first time this season I've chosen him over Gallacher.

It took you less than 2 and a half hours to reintroduce Stevenson, then drop him. And completely change our formation!

• Like 1

It would be a bit of a shame if we have only sold 650 tickets. The prices are actually pretty cheap considering, and it is a Quarter-Final of a Cup after all. I can only think if this fixture had been a few years ago whilst we were still in the 1st Division, uptake would have been higher. I hope the whole novelty value of being a SPL club isn’t starting to wear off.

The prices are cheap but it a frigging restricted view for most folk, If we were given behind a goal in a decent area of the ground a lot more folk would go

Not for most folk. Only 150 were, and the club offered to exchange them when the new allocation came in. We now have ours, looking right down the touch line.

whats the chances of a 3-5-2 line up?

Fox Balatoni Seaborne Frans, McMillan and SOD wing backs. Banzo Osman Higgy/Lawless Ecclestone Doolan.

probably not much chance but might be worth a try to pack the defence and midfield. we'll get chances with Higgy Ecclestone and Doolan attacking.

Gordon Duncan on Twitter saying Higgy will be fit according to Archie.

I'd seen Archie quoted somewhere (can't mind where) that HIggy and possibly Fraser might be fit for the Hamilton game (Fraser less likely) and Higgy maybe has an outside chance of playing Wednesday. Although I'd like us to have a cup run I wouldn't risk him, certainly to start, unless he's really ready. The league comes first. Of course if he's completely recovered from his operation and it's just a matter of match fitness then I'd certainly risk him for at least part of the game.

Good news anyway that they're likely to be back soon even if not this week.

Think of what we could have when we get to full strength, we're missing Fraser, Higgy and Welsh, and been without Seaborne , Elliott and Craigen are coming onto their game, wee Lawless is a rising star, McMillan is becoming rock solid and new boy Frans was a star on his debut, thats 9 players so far, O'Donnel is playing well, Balatoni has improved a wee bit lately, Foxy pulled off some fine saves last Saturday and Osman seldom puts a foot wrong , have I missed anyone ? thats 13 players of Premier class so I'm confident of a result on Wednesday we've got nothing to be afraid of ,and also have no doubt we will stay up as well. Lets hear it for the Jags !!

• Like 1

Think of what we could have when we get to full strength, we're missing Fraser, Higgy and Welsh, and been without Seaborne , Elliott and Craigen are coming onto their game, wee Lawless is a rising star, McMillan is becoming rock solid and new boy Frans was a star on his debut, thats 9 players so far, O'Donnel is playing well, Balatoni has improved a wee bit lately, Foxy pulled off some fine saves last Saturday and Osman seldom puts a foot wrong , have I missed anyone ? thats 13 players of Premier class so I'm confident of a result on Wednesday we've got nothing to be afraid of ,and also have no doubt we will stay up as well. Lets hear it for the Jags !!

You've missed Bannigan. And Doolan. And Gallagher. And I'm not ready to write off Eccleston. And that still doesn't include our biggest signing of the summer.

Where's the best place to park? Never driven to Parkhead before.

Be clear to factor in "kin ah look efter yur motor mister?" - charges on top of other outgoings related to travel on the night. One guy I remember who retorted, "I won't be needing you to look after my car son, my two pit bulls in the back will do that for me" was answered by, "aye right, pit oot fires dae they?"

Just saying.