January Window

ayrshire jag

I think the combination of the team being in a comfortable place (not unassailable but we have a decent cushion) and only having one position that we absolutely MUST have filled, means that the club is willing to wait until the last moment rather than sign just anyone in desperation. BTW although left back is our only essential position needing signing, a couple of other players wouldn't go amiss - it's just that we'd get by OK without.

Don't forget, the window closes 11pm Monday night so don't panic yet,

I think the combination of the team being in a comfortable place (not unassailable but we have a decent cushion) and only having one position that we absolutely MUST have filled, means that the club is willing to wait until the last moment rather than sign just anyone in desperation. BTW although left back is our only essential position needing signing, a couple of other players wouldn't go amiss - it's just that we'd get by OK without.

Don't forget, the window closes 11pm NEXT Monday night so don't panic yet,

What's happened to Mario Bilate at Dundee United? Is he injured?

If not, would it be worth looking at him for a loan deal? They seem to have plethora of strikers at that club with Graham going back from St Johnstone as well as signing Simon Murray (albiet loaned back to Arbroath for the rest of season) and Henri Anier.

Don't forget, the window closes 11pm Monday night so don't panic yet,

Although I agree in Principle and have full faith in Archie to do whats right I would have hoped to have seen at least one signing by now. I also dont believe waiting til the last minute is the greatest thing either, that sounds to me more desperation that signing at any other time in the window, last chance saloon sort of stuff.

I always hope Archie or whoever is in charge for looking for talent is searching the lower leagues for some talent. One thing i was annoyed with in the summer was the complete lack of replacement for ATS, surely the club knew he wasnt going to be staying and should have been out trying to find a suitable replacement over the 6 months before the summer transfer window. I hope they are going to do that this year with potentially SOD leaving. Need to be ahead of the game, not waiting til the last second hoping to find a hidden gem (albeit archie has found a few of them).

What's happened to Mario Bilate at Dundee United? Is he injured?

Enjoying the Dundee nightlife a little too much.

Was it not him & Ciftci that were involved in a fight with Dundee fans a couple weeks back? (Allegedly)

Anyone know anything about the defensive trialist in Development Squad tonight?

If not, would it be worth looking at him for a loan deal? They seem to have plethora of strikers at that club with Graham going back from St Johnstone as well as signing Simon Murray (albiet loaned back to Arbroath for the rest of season) and Henri Anier.

Graham's on loan to St Johnstone for the rest of the season.

I see Chris Duggan played - and scored. Back from injury (and loan spell?) now?

Yeah, his loan spell at Queens Park was only a short time anyway (a month I think) but he got injured while training with Thistle. Was reportedly going to be four months so I think he is back a wee bit ahead of schedule.

All going well I would be keen to see him get some game time before the end of the season. I've only seen him once but he looked quite good.

from bbc gossip today .....

Blackpool have approached Partick Thistle with an increased bid for right-back Stephen O'Donnell after the English Championship club had a £30,000 offer rejected. (Daily Express, print edition)

Partick Thistle are giving a trial to right-back Ryan Finnie, the 19-year-old having been freed by Rangers only six months after arriving from Hamilton Academical. (Daily Express, print edition)

Any source or wishfull thinking ? He has dropped down the pecking order at Blackburn, but I'd expect bigger clubs than us to want Rhodes.

^^^^^ i'd say neither, unless we have a spare £12m in loose change kicking about or hidden down the back of the directors plush seats .....

Blackburn Rovers manager Gary Bowyer is expecting an offer for Scotland striker Jordan Rhodes from a Premier League club before the end of the January transfer window. (Daily Mail)

The right back last night was Ryan Finnie.

Hopefully he's another SOD.

He's highly thought off by all accounts.

Also read there that he tweeted 'HAPPY to leave' when Rangers released him.

Big jump from a few Championship appearances on loan at Dumbarton to be pitched into 1st team but could be another Gary Fraser.

Time will tell I guess, still on trial.

I see a few WATP on his Twitter. Rangers must be in some state if even die hard supporters don't want to play there.

Anyway, he also said on Twitter that he hasn't played for 2 months so maybe he's not fit enough to go into the first team. One for next season when SOD leaves possibly.

According to today's Daily Mail, Lee Clark is ready to swoop in with a £125,000 bid for SOD to ensure he gets his signature. If true, that has got to be accepted, though I wonder if SOD would fancy going to a team that is almost certainly going down to Div 1. Blackpool had their chief scout at Rugby Park on Saturday and has advised Clark to get him in this window