January Window

ayrshire jag

Message on official site sayin hes turned it down. Glad to keep hold of him but cynic in me reads "im signing pre contract wi dundee utd"

I think that is exactly what is happening here...or another club...he becomes more appealing to more clubs in the summer if there is no fee...I suppose a pre contract agreement in the window with someone would confirm that thought but he may way to summer none the less (agreements could always be made in the background I'm sure)

^^^^^ this.

if he shows up well for blackpool, he could get a move to a bigger english club in a year or so, and on a bigger earning contract, and play at an even higher level.

if he goes the bosman united route, he'll earn less money and even if he gets a transfer a year or so later to down south, it's unlikely he'll get a move to same level and wage of his potential second english club, as at least with blackpool he will have shown he is capable of playing down south and to a good standard.

blackpool may not be glamourous, but neither is dundee.

blackpool is a bigger stepping stone to englands top clubs than dundee.

if he stays in scotland (this month or this summer), it shows a potential lack of ambition on his part. he may be put off seeing whats happened with ats at wigan, but if he believes in his own ability and talent, he really needs to move to england.

Is it? How many young Blackpool players have went on to bigger things in the last few years in comparison to Dundee Utd players? I can only think of Adam from Blackpool & he wasn't that young. Robertson, Gauld, Russell, GMS, Gunning, Dixon & soon to be Armstrong from DU have done so in the last year or so, they're becoming a club that clubs will scout when looking for good quality young players.

Is it just me being hopeful but the longer ATS goes without getting a game for Wigan or being loaned out to a lower league English team that the chances of him coming up Scotland (& hopefully to us) increase? I'd have said we had no chance of getting him, it makes no sense in his development to come back up here, but he's still farting around in Wigan reserves & not being linked with a move away from that level, would certainly be worth making an enquiry.

Edited by 1 John Lambie

Is it? How many young Blackpool players have went on to bigger things in the last few years in comparison to Dundee Utd players? I can only think of Adam from Blackpool & he wasn't that young. Robertson, Gauld, Russell, GMS, Gunning, Dixon & soon to be Armstrong from DU have done so in the last year or so, they're becoming a club that clubs will scout when looking for good quality young players.

Is it just me being hopeful but the longer ATS goes without getting a game for Wigan or being loaned out to a lower league English team that the chances of him coming up Scotland (& hopefully to us) increase? I'd have said we had no chance of getting him, it makes no sense in his development to come back up here, but he's still farting around in Wigan reserves & not being linked with a move away from that level, would certainly be worth making an enquiry.

Although I think it very unlikely he would want to come back to Firhill on loan, if you don't ask, you don't get. He appears to be miles out the picture at Wigan

Although I think it very unlikely he would want to come back to Firhill on loan, if you don't ask, you don't get. He appears to be miles out the picture at Wigan

Unsurprising really when they already have 3/4 very experienced players who can play in his position. A number of young players have featued on the bench for Wigan since Malky took over.

Given Wigan's form this season being out of the picture might be a good career move in the short term with the caveat that he ends up in or near the first team at some point before season end.

It might not be such a bad move for him to come back. Look what happened to Erskine last year. Totally out of the picture at DU,comes to us for game time and this season he is their POTY so far.

Sometimes you need to backtrack to make progress.

He certainly needs to go somewhere, it's rare for a player to go from reserve level to 1st team without having 1st team experience at some level within recent history, especially with English teams.

He's highly thought off by all accounts.

Also read there that he tweeted 'HAPPY to leave' when Rangers released him.

Big jump from a few Championship appearances on loan at Dumbarton to be pitched into 1st team but could be another Gary Fraser.

Time will tell I guess, still on trial.

maybe finnie will be signed with a view to the future and be brought on for a few games in a similar way to other young players like mcdaid, Keenan etc to give them more and more game time and challenging for a first team place next season

Anyone able to get their hands on the Scottish Daily Express today? Scott Burns has tweeted that it features Kallum Higginbotham on his future.

Save the money, here's from online page:

Meanwhile, Kallum Higginbotham has put talks about his future on hold until the summer.

The playmaker, 25, is out of contract at the end of the season at Firhill and has turned down an extension offer.

Higginbotham said: “I just want to keep my options open until the end of the season.

“I really enjoy it here and I certainly haven’t closed the door on staying, but I just want to wait and look at things in the summer.

“I have five months left on my contract and I just want to concentrate on doing well for Partick.”

Actually it was just an addendum to the Steve O'Donnell story.

Edited by Mr Bunny

Anyone able to get their hands on the Scottish Daily Express today? Scott Burns has tweeted that it features Kallum Higginbotham on his future.

Big two page centre spread special on Friday nights game in the Sun today featuring Ryan "with my tatts everyone assumes I am into heavy metal, but my favourite group is Erasure!!" Stevenson and Jimmy Craigen

Edited by Lindau