Player Sponsorship

Norgethistle

Just catching up on programs being back in Glasgow and had a look at the kit sponsorship page(ICT program)

Out of 24 full kits,

-none are fully sponsored

-7 have no sponsorship

- 5 only have shirt sponsorship

I don't recall that many available sponsorships in many years, is the cost (£400+vat for kit, £275+ vat for shirt) grosly inflated this year?

Just catching up on programs being back in Glasgow and had a look at the kit sponsorship page(ICT program)

Out of 24 full kits,

-7 have no sponsorship

I don't recall that many available sponsorships in many years, is the cost (£400+vat for kit, £275+ vat for shirt) grosly inflated this year?

My family sponsor a home shirt (not saying which one :ph34r:), and I noticed we didn't get a mention in the ICT programme despite having arranged it a while beforehand. It was sorted for the St Mirren programme though. Not a problem for us obviously but just to make the point that the ICT programme may not have been right up to date.

Can't remember how much it cost in previous seasons but I don't think its jumped up in price that much. It is expensive but it is essentially a donation and its good fun to have a particular player to follow throughout the season (although we managed to sponsor Liam Buchanan the year he left at Christmas! <_< ). If you do it for a few years you end up without a clue what to do with all the shirts though.

Out of 24 full kits,

-7 have no sponsorship

The only time i've been involved was as part of a group. The Harry Wraggs site and the Dotnet Site. Unfortunatley i can't imagine being in a position to ever be able to afford that full amount personally.

My family sponsor a home shirt (not saying which one :ph34r:), and I noticed we didn't get a mention in the ICT programme despite having arranged it a while beforehand. It was sorted for the St Mirren programme though. Not a problem for us obviously but just to make the point that the ICT programme may not have been right up to date.

Can't remember how much it cost in previous seasons but I don't think its jumped up in price that much. It is expensive but it is essentially a donation and its good fun to have a particular player to follow throughout the season (although we managed to sponsor Liam Buchanan the year he left at Christmas! <_< ). If you do it for a few years you end up without a clue what to do with all the shirts though.

PM One Banana...

PM One Banana...

Yes, that could be a solution!

I am kidding though as you only get one shirt per season, which you have to collect when you meet your player after the last home game. I've actually been sad enough to turn up at this a couple of times despite being about the only person there over the age of 12. Now we just get the shirt posted out.

I completely refuse to wear football shirts and in any case would be too well built (ie fat :mad:) to fit into Kris Doolan's away top from last season. Someone beat us to Doolan's top this year (sponsorship wars :shok:) but we have another good one.

I am afraid I find it just too expensive,i have done so in the past,sign of the times,might be an idea for the club to collate names of fans willing to pay a small(er) and them draw lots for it at the end of the season.

Good idea. Most of us go to the football in a group of some sort, and it is a good laugh (we are Partick Thistle :borat:) to have a player to call your own. Groups like the Jaggettes showed what could be done (before they all got pregnant).

If I had the spare cash to buy a shirt sponsorship I'd probably get the item framed for posterity, or sad reflection ;)

Also I'd consider donating it as a raffle prize for a local charity such as East Park children's home or Maryhill foodbank.

Anyone interested in getting a forum or group sponsorship this season? I know there was issues last season and the sight ended up with Mark Kerr's shirt. I'm unable to make the next two games due to work commitments so I'd be happy to contribute 20 or 30 quid to a collective effort along with others on here.

I think Stevenson's away shirt is up for grabs, but I'm happy to go with the collective ;)

• Like 1