Sick In The Basin #9

The Sunnylaw Jag

Yes, the legendary issue that made a fleeting appearance at Firhill on October 4th before our esteemed or is it steaming Editor had to make a hasty back to the institution without walls that is East Kilbride is now available.

I have just returned from a North Atlantic cruise via the rough seas of the Bay of Biscay, where I was not only Sick in the Basin but also in any receptacle that was handy. Today I was able to get my hands on some copies and have listed them on ebay. However, as usual you can buy direct from me using Paypal. Price is £2 and £1 postage. Issues 2-8 are available at £1.00 each and will be posted for 30p extra in total. Issue one remains a collectors item and as yet hasn't been reprinted.

Also available is the Scotland fanzine Scotland Epistles, Bullshit & Thistles, just pm for further details if you need them.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SICK-IN-THE-BASIN-9-PARTICK-THISTLE-FANZINE-OCTOBER-2014-/381024230982?ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

Sales weren't too great but it is a different dynamic altogether. At Firhill just about everybody knows what SITB is, even if they don't buy it. At Ibrox, people didn't have a clue what we were selling. It's also hard to publicise, although we have mentioned it on fans forums, social media, no one seems to follow up on the original posting and it quickly disappears from view etc. any attempts to get some recognition from conventional media has been forlorn thus far.

We did manage to sell around 90 altogether but that was several hours hard work achieving that. The other thing about the Scotland support I think is on the day there's a whole social aspect beyond that which you get on a club matchday i.e. a few beers with the mates you see each week, instead a whole raft of beers with friends you only see at Scotland games.

Feedback has also been hard to get also. I have sold 56 on ebay and generally the feedback from that has been really positive but it hasn't transferred on to the Tartan Army Message Board etc., where the only comment was it was "shyte". I have contacted poeple who bought it and enjoyed to ask them to spread the word but if they have it hasn't been on social media. Thanks for asking and despite the big loss we might end up making on this, Robert Marshall and myself and Alan Nelson are looking to bring out an issue two in March 2015.

If anyone has any thoughts or connections that could help it would be really appreciated as we had hoped that if we could get into profit, this would then go to charity.

Sorry to bother you all on this windy Friday night but just word to say we will be selling issue 9 tomorrow around the ground and probably in a pub nearby too I hear. Anyway, thanks for your indulgence and away and have a wee lie doon noo if you tired fae working hard like me. However, if you're not; feel free to go on the ran dan tonight.

Okay I forgot to say I will have issues 2-8 on sale tomorrow for £1 each. I will also have the mighty Scotland Epistles also, that costs only £3 for 48 stonking (I said stonking) pages. I will be around JHS entrance and somewhere in the concourse at half time. Introduce yourself and say hello. Cheers