Our Half Time 'warm Up'

redandyellowarmy

This has rankled me for some time. Ever since I can remember, our half time warm up consists of the players standing huddled in a circle, half-heartedly bopping the ball back and forth, occasionally having a wee go at the crossbar challenge. I'm not expecting them to go full pelt for 15 minutes, but surely a couple of shuttle runs - perhaps some form of organisation - isn't too much to ask? Last night Celtic were jogging back and forth from one side of the pitch to the other, while our subs did a bit of keepy uppy. Does this annoy anybody else or is it just me?

Has anyone noticed teams coming back out on to the park early from half time to warm up recently?

At Dens Park I saw Dundee come out from the break five or six minutes early and carry out a warm up on the touch line, which I thought was interesting. Certainly didn't do them any harm that day anyway. I'm sure I saw another team do it as well but it may have been an English game on TV.

Has anyone noticed teams coming back out on to the park early from half time to warm up recently?

At Dens Park I saw Dundee come out from the break five or six minutes early and carry out a warm up on the touch line, which I thought was interesting. Certainly didn't do them any harm that day anyway. I'm sure I saw another team do it as well but it may have been an English game on TV.

Dundee wrapped some elastic material round their waist & ran while other players pulled them back, or something similar. Dundee Utd also came out early & did basic running drills between cones before the start of the 2nd half. Don't know what good it'd do if any, but certainly won't do any harm & should (I'd imagine) have you ready to go straight from the kick-off.

Dundee wrapped some elastic material round their waist & ran while other players pulled them back, or something similar. Dundee Utd also came out early & did basic running drills between cones before the start of the 2nd half. Don't know what good it'd do if any, but certainly won't do any harm & should (I'd imagine) have you ready to go straight from the kick-off.

Alloa used the funny catapults last season so I assume it's a Hartley thingy. The team come out a minute or so early to have a go on the apparatus. I don't recall the subs using it tho' I can't say I paid any real attention.

At the Recs it was right in front of the home stand so if the team had lost the first half it was an ideal time for Alloa supporters to give them dog's abuse and maybe fire the odd polystyrene cup in their direction. If we had this, with a bit of mischief and a decent following wind, get the trajectory right, Stevie Lawless could end up in the canal.

Alloa used the funny catapults last season so I assume it's a Hartley thingy. The team come out a minute or so early to have a go on the apparatus. I don't recall the subs using it tho' I can't say I paid any real attention.

At the Recs it was right in front of the home stand so if the team had lost the first half it was an ideal time for Alloa supporters to give them dog's abuse and maybe fire the odd polystyrene cup in their direction. If we had this, with a bit of mischief and a decent following wind, get the trajectory right, Stevie Lawless could end up in the canal.

Can we use these catapults to launch Stevenson into the box for attacks, then back to our half to defend? We could use the ball boys to operate them

• Like 2

The whole squad coming onto the park a few minutes early and do a cardio arm up is a good idea. Its amazing how many goals in general are scored and conceded by teams in the first 5-10 mins of the second half. Setting a high tempo is important especially if your a goal down. Im not too bothered about the subs at half time as they keep warm generally all game behind the goal.

For what it's worth....and I know things have changed a lot....but I remember at least 2 games at Firhill against Rangers in the 70's under Bertie.....Rangers ran out first and were out for feckn ages before Bertie allowed Thistle to come out.....I remember I thought in some way he was sayin....fk them, let them wait.....in both cases we humped them.

The whole squad coming onto the park a few minutes early and do a cardio arm up is a good idea. Its amazing how many goals in general are scored and conceded by teams in the first 5-10 mins of the second half. Setting a high tempo is important especially if your a goal down. Im not too bothered about the subs at half time as they keep warm generally all game behind the goal.

You do know it was Thistle and not Celtic that came out early the other night?

Its amazing how many goals in general are scored and conceded by teams in the first 5-10 mins of the second half.

It is amazing. If you split the second half into nine five minute chunks, the first five minutes have the least goals scored. The 80-85 minute section is the most productive.