Who Are The Jags Players In This Photo?

Jaggernaut

Are we wearing white or yellow socks there?

And when was the last time you watched a matched played on a pitch covered in snow - the good old days!!!

I think it was probably the famous abandoned Aberdeen game. Can't remember when it was. I'm sure somebody can though (but please don't mention what happened the following Tuesday).

Edit: Found it, November 21 1992

Edited by BowenBoys

Are we wearing white or yellow socks there?

And when was the last time you watched a matched played on a pitch covered in snow - the good old days!!!

4 March 1995. Hearts at home. Abandoned (snow) after 56 mins at 0-0. Won 3-1 when eventually played.

The next 3 abandoned games were down to...

floodlight failure, Aberdeen home 9/4/96 39 mins

fog, Cowdenbeath away 26/2/13 70 mins

and waterlogged pitch St Johnstone home 14/12/13 half- time.

Andy Roxburgh

Bertie Auld

Benny Rooney

And is it John Hagart?

And of course the great Eusebio who sadly never played for Thistle. I still regret refusing to go with my father and brother to see Scotland play Portugal in a pre-World Cup friendly in 1966...my dad came back raving about Eusebio who a few weeks later was the sensation of the World Cup Tournament in England.

• Like 1

Andy Roxburgh

Bertie Auld

Benny Rooney

And is it John Hagart?

And of course the great Eusebio who sadly never played for Thistle. I still regret refusing to go with my father and brother to see Scotland play Portugal in a pre-World Cup friendly in 1966...my dad came back raving about Eusebio who a few weeks later was the sensation of the World Cup Tournament in England.

Was at that game. Remember being impressed by not just Eusebio but also Coluna(spl?) who I think was their captain. The following week I saw us play Brazil. The Leeds defender Willie Bell only played in two internationals. One week up against Eusebio, the next week against Pele.

Was at that game. Remember being impressed by not just Eusebio but also Coluna(spl?) who I think was their captain. The following week I saw us play Brazil. The Leeds defender Willie Bell only played in two internationals. One week up against Eusebio, the next week against Pele.

Yes, I remember Coluna and the big gangling centre forward Torres were also star players in a very good Portugese team. I did go to see Scotland play Brazil the following week at Hampden...Jairzhinho & Gerson from the wonderful 1970 side played that evening as did Pele...at least when Billy Bremner wasn't kicking him. Even at my very young age then, I could see they were playing a different brand of football although Jim Baxter wouldn't have looked out of place in their side.

I think it was probably the famous abandoned Aberdeen game. Can't remember when it was. I'm sure somebody can though (but please don't mention what happened the following Tuesday).

Edit: Found it, November 21 1992

Actually the Tuesday was brilliant; I went to see the Black Crowes at the Barrowlands which was one of the best concerts I ever saw. Not sure what the Thistle score ended up.

Was he? I thought I dreamt that. I knew Davie quite well thru his work at Inver House Distillery but can't mind a discussion re the Jags but it was at the back of mind he was at Firhill. Weird thing, memory.

He assisted Bertie Auld & Pat Quinn IIRC, think he took the reserves and was responsible for a few trialists being let go like Peter Weir, Frank McAvennie and Duncan Shearer.