Who Are The Jags Players In This Photo?

Jaggernaut

The boys in the photo are at Central station on their way to Wembley. They played a couple of friendlies in the London area to pay for the trip.

Jimmy Davidson, [in front don't know] Davie Mc Parland, Tommy Legerwood, Andy Kerr, George Smith[in front], Davie Mathers, Joe Hogan,[i front] Johnny McKenzie, Dougie Baird,[in front] Frank Donlevy and Alec Wright

The "don't know" might be Jimmy Mallon. Vague memory of seeing him play for Morton and folk telling me he used to play for us.

btw tho' it's obviously Johnny McKenzie in the back row I thought he was slightly smaller than say the likes of Joe Hogan and a couple of the others.

GW700_H478.jpg

Scottish Cup replay 1988 ? St Mirren 1 - 3 Partick Thistle

Jim Kerr, Billy Abercrombie, Gerry Collins, Alan Dinnie John Workman, Chic Charnley

Lex Grant, John Brough, Jim Dempsey, Bobby Law, John Flood

John Mitchell, John Lambie, Gerry McCoy, Jackie Husband

The boys in the photo are at Central station on their way to Wembley. They played a couple of friendlies in the London area to pay for the trip.

Jimmy Davidson, [in front don't know] Davie Mc Parland, Tommy Legerwood, Andy Kerr, George Smith[in front], Davie Mathers, Joe Hogan,[i front] Johnny McKenzie, Dougie Baird,[in front] Frank Donlevy and Alec Wright

Fantastic insight, might be the 57 game v B&HA ?

Loved that St Mirren game. Reckon it was the first time I ever saw thistle beat a premier league team, and it really was an indication that things were looking up with Lambie. The fact that it was against my local team also made school the next day particularly enjoyable.

Joe Hogan playing centre forward? I always thought he was a full-back.

Bizarrely enough Joe did play a few games as an emergency centre forward if my memory ain't playing tricks! Think he may have started out as a centre forward but was converted to a right back

Edited by Lindau

That's not too bad a return for a No. 9. Anyone know if he continued as a full-back after he left Thistle?

As far as I mind Joe retired and became a teacher. Along with Davie McP he was one of my first Jags heroes. Perhaps I liked versatility in a player? Fairly certain his relocation to full back wasn't a permanent move in so much as Joe would play the odd game further forward.