Who Are The Jags Players In This Photo?

Jaggernaut

10 hours ago, stuthejag said:

afk - I got hold of a lot of Davie McParland's memorabilia from his family, have started coping one of his scrapbook tho nothing  is dated, this is where you come in lol

v Queen's Park.jpg

Confirmed by Crampsey (Bob's brother I believe) and Savage in the QP line-up this must be 24 August 1955.  Flattering 4-1 win in the Glasgow Cup.  McParland in the distance .

Ledgerwood, McGowan, Gibb, Harvey, DAVIDSON (pen), Kerr, MacKenzie, McInnes, Crowe, Sharp, McParland (2).  Plus the OG in the photo.

Always happy to have a shot at these Stu.

10 hours ago, stuthejag said:

Nov 1962

McParland, David Scottish League Nov 1962.jpg

Very back:  Ure

"Back 3":   Beattie (?), Baxter, McParland.  Is that Hogan behind him?

Next row:  ?, ?,  Millar, Herriot, ?,  Crerrand.

Front row:  Henderson, Hamilton, Kennedy (?), ?.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, a f kincaid said:

Confirmed by Crampsey (Bob's brother I believe) and Savage in the QP line-up this must be 24 August 1955.  Flattering 4-1 win in the Glasgow Cup.  McParland in the distance .

Ledgerwood, McGowan, Gibb, Harvey, DAVIDSON (pen), Kerr, MacKenzie, McInnes, Crowe, Sharp, McParland (2).  Plus the OG in the photo.

Always happy to have a shot at these Stu.

I thought Bob Crampsey was a QP keeper? 

5 hours ago, a f kincaid said:

Too early for Herriot? Think the wee fella behind Jim Kennedy's right shoulder might be Pat Quinn. Far left looks like a young Charlie Cooke.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

1 hour ago, stuthejag said:

George Niven fits away vs. Airdrie (no date) 

Niven, George v Airdrie.jpg

Cunningham, Niven, Harvey, McParland.  These 4 only played  together twice v Airdrie at Firhill - 1/12/1962 and 24/4/1964.  Looks like a foggy winter's day so going with December.

Niven, Hogan, BROWN, McParland, Harvey, Cunningham, Cowan, WHITELAW, HAINEY, Duffy, Smith.   3-0.  [Ev Times and Herald credit Brown.  Official History credits Hogan.]

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, a f kincaid said:

Ah got it. 

Third Lanark 10/12/1960.  Freebairn, Muir, Brown, Wright, Harvey, Donlevy, EWING, Closs, McBride, DUFFY, McParland.   2-1.  Thistle went 3rd with this win.

Bang on, exactly what I had.

Ewing, Tommy scores v Third Lanark (H) Dec 1960.jpg

5 hours ago, a f kincaid said:

Cunningham, Niven, Harvey, McParland.  These 4 only played  together twice v Airdrie at Firhill - 1/12/1962 and 24/4/1964.  Looks like a foggy winter's day so going with December.

Niven, Hogan, BROWN, McParland, Harvey, Cunningham, Cowan, WHITELAW, HAINEY, Duffy, Smith.   3-0.  [Ev Times and Herald credit Brown.  Official History credits Hogan.]

This was the first game I saw at Firhill...we were on a long unbeaten run  and as I have mentioned on here before there was uproar when the half-time results  went up on the old scoreboard as we were top of the League...and then came the Winter of '63 

McParland scored in 3 different matches at Pittodrie but Hainey only played in one of them...

A 3-0 win on 25 August 1962 in the League Cup. Niven, Hogan, Brown, Ferguson, Harvey, Cunningham, WILLIAMSON, WHITELAW, Hainey, Duffy, McPARLAND. 

Aberdeen's first defeat of the season.  They had already beaten Thistle 2-1 at Firhill on the first day of the season in a bruising match that saw Thistle down to 9 men at one stage with McKinnon taken to hospital with severe concussion after 25 mins.  Brown went off for treatment (46 mins) as did Hogan (50 mins).  They both came back on but Brown collapsed and  Aberdeen scored while Thistle were down to 9 men (effectively 8).  Hogan lasted a few minutes and was taken off.  Aberdeen got their second goal 3 mins from time and Duffy scored at the death.

Could be Smith next to the ref, McParland nearest the camera and possibly Duffy on the right.

Edited by a f kincaid
  • Like 1

These are getting more difficult!   Unable to identify any Thistle players but Wylie and McSeveney both played for Motherwell on 27 December 1958 so going for that but with little to go on.  Won 4-0.   Freebairn, Hogan, Baird, Wright, Harvey, Donlevy, Smith, Wilson, KERR (3), McPARLAND, Ewing.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

I'd love to have seen that old high wall at the city end! I'd guess McParland (though maybe Smith) on the left. I'd have gone for Duffy on the right, but he wasn't there.

Anyone know when the city end terracing was remodelled to get rid of the high wall and extend the front over the old dog track?  Was this also when the scoreboard gantry in the photo was replaced by the one I knew in my late 60s youth?

5 hours ago, DenisOhDenis said:

Anyone know when the city end terracing was remodelled to get rid of the high wall and extend the front over the old dog track?  Was this also when the scoreboard gantry in the photo was replaced by the one I knew in my late 60s youth?

I think it happened around 1962.