Who Are The Jags Players In This Photo?

Jaggernaut

1 hour ago, stuthejag said:

Ball comes hits the post

I think Stu must have meant from the same game, not the same goal.  The top photo is Niven in goal.  Harvey, Closs (?), McParland and Cunningham watching on.   Looks like Sandy Brown scoring from the spot v St Mirren at Love St 2/3/1963 (1-1).  In fact Brown scored with one of his headed OG specialities to put St Mirren ahead.  Looks like Hainey and Duffy enjoying the celebrations and Jim Clunie No 5 of St Mirren not. 

10 hours ago, a f kincaid said:

I think Stu must have meant from the same game, not the same goal.  The top photo is Niven in goal.  Harvey, Closs (?), McParland and Cunningham watching on.   Looks like Sandy Brown scoring from the spot v St Mirren at Love St 2/3/1963 (1-1).  In fact Brown scored with one of his headed OG specialities to put St Mirren ahead.  Looks like Hainey and Duffy enjoying the celebrations and Jim Clunie No 5 of St Mirren not. 

Yon flying header when he was at Everton is still one of the best OGs I've ever seen.

In the top picture the opposition looks like they have a badge or logo on their top, but not in the lower pictures....

Yes, George Smith in the middle.  Eliminating all the other No 7s instantly recognisable he played with v Motherwell leaves Matt Crowe.  So it's Motherwell at home 8/9/1956 in a 2-3 defeat.  Crowe and Davidson scored.  Ledgerwood, Kerr, Gibb, Harvey, Davidson, Mathers, Crowe, Wright, Smith, McParland, Ewing.  Hastie Weir in goal for Motherwell.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, a f kincaid said:

Yes, George Smith in the middle.  Eliminating all the other No 7s instantly recognisable he played with v Motherwell leaves Matt Crowe.  So it's Motherwell at home 8/9/1956 in a 2-3 defeat.  Crowe and Davidson scored.  Ledgerwood, Kerr, Gibb, Harvey, Davidson, Mathers, Crowe, Wright, Smith, McParland, Ewing.  Hastie Weir in goal for Motherwell.

detective AFK strikes again :)

Crowd.........

21,000 !!!

7 hours ago, a f kincaid said:

Not that clever!  Can anyone tell me the name of the guy who looks after the match mascots?  The guy with the white hair/beard.  Thanks.

His name is John. Think it may be John Brown?

I could also be making that up though.

On 10/3/2018 at 9:04 AM, a f kincaid said:

Not that clever!  Can anyone tell me the name of the guy who looks after the match mascots?  The guy with the white hair/beard.  Thanks.

I have no idea who looked after the mascots in 1956 :D

But if you are asking who currently looks after them, it is John Smith (and what a great job he does too!)

https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-staff/john-smith/

4 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

I don't think it can be Bone as that's Bobby Ferguson in goal and he was at West Ham by the time Jimmy first played for us. 

Probably not as it doesn't really look like him, but I remember a photo of Bone on the front cover of the programme where he was doing a similar flying kick :)

I'm just too young to remember Ferguson so had no idea when he played for Killie :D

Edited by jaggy

1 hour ago, a f kincaid said:

Could it be Brian Gallagher?  4 March 1967 (1-2).  The defender looks like McGrory.   Niven, Tinney, Muir, McLindon, McKinnon, Gibb, Flanagan, McParland, Gallagher, DUNCAN.

I actually think it's Tommy Rae, who wore 9 against Killie in both home games in 1965-66, and in the League Cup in Sep 67 (the game in which he also scored).

My second guess would be Frank Coulston (13th March 1968).