Who Are The Jags Players In This Photo?

Jaggernaut

14 hours ago, ARu-Strathbungo said:

ptfc-1981.jpg

Can name all but 3, although having a couple of guesses.

McKinnon, Jardine, Higgins, Frank Welsh?, Watson, O'Hara

Lapsley, ? , Anderson, Rough, McNab, Campbell,Ā  Whittaker

Cormack, McDonald, Gibson, Park, George Clark?, Doyle, McKinnon

13 hours ago, jaggy said:

Can name all but 3, although having a couple of guesses.

McKinnon, Jardine, Higgins, Frank Welsh?, Watson, O'Hara

Lapsley, ? , Anderson, Rough, McNab, Campbell,Ā  Whittaker

Cormack, McDonald, Gibson, Park, George Clark?, Doyle, McKinnon

John Lapsley and George Clark correct. Joe Sweeney the other.

9 hours ago, jaggy said:

Thanks. I remember the name and think he was a striker that came from Clydebank Ā but not much else. Is it Frank Welsh at the back next to Higgins?

Yes, Frank Welsh between Higgins and Watson.

Cormack also bought [but not part of the photo shoot] Andy Dunlop from StMirren.

This season we had lost the first 5 league games and had been trashed 5-1 by Ayr United.

10 hours ago, ARu-Strathbungo said:

Yes, Frank Welsh between Higgins and Watson.

Cormack also bought [but not part of the photo shoot] Andy Dunlop from StMirren.

This season we had lost the first 5 league games and had been trashed 5-1 by Ayr United.

Some decent players but I guess weā€™d ran out of good strikers after losing Somner, McAdam & Melrose

Edited by jaggy

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

Another for the more senior readers.

thumbnail_FB_IMG_1566200879325.jpg

Cowan, Hogan, Hainey.Ā  They played 3 times together at Easter Road.Ā  Hogan played twice at full-back but this time he looks as if he's up with the forwards so going for a Scottish cup-tie 20/2/1965.Ā  Hibs won 5-1.Ā  Hogan was at No 9.Ā  Gray, Campbell, Muir, Davis, Harvey, Cunningham, Cowan, Hainey, Hogan, Ewing, McPARLAND.Ā  McParland scored first then the roof fell in.Ā  Big No 5 looks like Jackie McNamara's dad.Ā  Could be Harry Davis in the far distance.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, a f kincaid said:

Cowan, Hogan, Hainey.Ā  They played 3 times together at Easter Road.Ā  Hogan played twice at full-back but this time he looks as if he's up with the forwards so going for a Scottish cup-tie 20/2/1965.Ā  Hibs won 5-1.Ā  Hogan was at No 9.Ā  Gray, Campbell, Muir, Davis, Harvey, Cunningham, Cowan, Hainey, Hogan, Ewing, McPARLAND.Ā  McParland scored first then the roof fell in.Ā  Big No 5 looks like Jackie McNamara's dad.Ā  Could be Harry Davis in the far distance.

I didnā€™t think McNamara senior played as early as that. Remember him from the early 70ā€™s and more as a no. 4 rather than a centre half

PW, the goalkeeper you might be thinking about is Colin Brodie.Ā  He played 3 times as a keeper but later played 7 times as a half-back or a full-back over the next few seasons (mid 50s).Ā  Andy Kerr was of the same era.Ā  He was the opposite of Joe Hogan in that he was signed as a full-back and converted to a centre-forwardĀ  of some distinction with PT and Kilmarnock.

Edited by a f kincaid

8 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

I'm pretty sure that John Hansen was originally a striker or inside forward, before establishing himself as a fine right-back.

Was it not Alex Forsyth who started off as a midfielder? I certainly remember Ronnie Glavin starting with us as a center forward - I remember him scoring a last minute equaliser away at Hamilton Accies having come on for Jimmy Bone. (That was also the game where Alan Rough saved a penalty by heading the ball away, but that's another story...)

Joe Carson & Jukka Santala joined as centre halves and ended up as centre forwards.Ā Kenny Watson was a midfielder who went back to defence. Iā€™m sure thereā€™s countless others over the years that moved positions after signingĀ like Paul Paton and David Farrell

1 hour ago, jaggy said:

Joe Carson & Jukka Santala joined as centre halves and ended up as centre forwards.Ā Kenny Watson was a midfielder who went back to defence. Iā€™m sure thereā€™s countless others over the years that moved positions after signingĀ like Paul Paton and David Farrell

Christie Elliott being the most recent and obvious.

Ā 

On 7/31/2019 at 11:25 PM, Jag said:

John Lapsley and George Clark correct. Joe Sweeney the other.

Will never forget Joe Sweeney a player whoā€™d probably fit into our present side so poor a player was he. Think the Steedmans Ā must have been pissing themselves laughing when Cormack paid actual earth money for him.

• Like 1

Motherwell at home, hence the change strip and the referee's khaki top (though would that not equally clash with the Amber); old floodlights and just possibly the old betting booths in what is now the JLS.

1950s? 1-1 draw in the League Cup - wild guess - even wilder guess that it's Ian St. John in the middle.

I should know theĀ  Jags player nearest the camera, but somehow don't. Shame on me.