Who Are The Jags Players In This Photo?

Jaggernaut

Thanks QXBoy: I thought it must be pre-shed Firhill, so it's good to get knowledgeable confirmation.

Willie Sharp wheeling away on the right. Looks like a very big crowd, so maybe one of the two wins over Hibs at Firhill in 1951-52, or the win or defeat in 1952-53... 

It could also be a defeat in Feb 1954, but I'm not sure if the shed was already up by then. Sometime in 1954 rings a bell.....

13 minutes ago, a f kincaid said:

Agreed.

"Good afternoon and welcome to listeners on the BBC Scottish Programme from Firhill Park as Hearts or Falkirk or Dundee take to the field in their famous dark strips"!

"And for the hard of hearing, Thistle will be playing in their dazzling red and yellow."

18 hours ago, QXBoy said:

That is how Firhill looked before the Shed arrived in the 1950's. The greyhounds were still operating and that white band along the bottom of the wall was so that punters in the main stand could see the dugs!

That's a famous picture of Willie Sharp and a last minute winner over Dundee in the LC at Firhill. It came from Willie's collection.

9 April 1966.  2-2 draw at Annfield.  Niven, Campbell, Muir, Cunningham, McKinnon, Gibb, McLindon, McParland, Roxburgh, Ewing, DUNCAN (2). 

Duncan squeezed a scramble over the line (2) and shot home a Ewing cut-back (43).  In time-honoured fashion Thistle threw it away.  Albion scored just on h-t and had a strong claim for a penalty as Thistle held on but they scored again (79).  Thistle remained 15th, a point behind Albion.

Looks like the forehead and toe of Tommy Ewing nearest the goal.

• Like 1

On 10/31/2019 at 7:16 AM, a f kincaid said:

9 April 1966.  2-2 draw at Annfield.  Niven, Campbell, Muir, Cunningham, McKinnon, Gibb, McLindon, McParland, Roxburgh, Ewing, DUNCAN (2). 

Duncan squeezed a scramble over the line (2) and shot home a Ewing cut-back (43).  In time-honoured fashion Thistle threw it away.  Albion scored just on h-t and had a strong claim for a penalty as Thistle held on but they scored again (79).  Thistle remained 15th, a point behind Albion.

Still have the programme for that game and remember the trip.

In my error I have Roxburgh and Ewing as the scorers, but then I was only 11 years old!

20191103_190557.jpg

• Like 1

On 10/31/2019 at 7:16 AM, a f kincaid said:

Might be having one of my all too frequent senior moments but I think I'm maybe confusing this game with a match around the same time at Muirton Pk. It's just I don't think Tommy Ewing and Arthur Duncan will have played in the same team more than a few times and I thought I can mind seeing them both playing up at Perth. Maybe they played in both games?

19 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Might be having one of my all too frequent senior moments but I think I'm maybe confusing this game with a match around the same time at Muirton Pk. It's just I don't think Tommy Ewing and Arthur Duncan will have played in the same team more than a few times and I thought I can mind seeing them both playing up at Perth. Maybe they played in both games?

Was that a 5-3 humping?