Who Are The Jags Players In This Photo?

Jaggernaut

1 hour ago, Jaggernaut said:

Me too! Also the one in front of Joe Craig, and the guy in civvies at the very back....

Third from left is definitely Kenny Fitzpatrick.  In front of Joe Craig I think Jim Holmes and at back guess John Aroll.

8 hours ago, e4b said:

Third from left is definitely Kenny Fitzpatrick.  In front of Joe Craig I think Jim Holmes and at back guess John Arrol.

Yes, John Arrol, thanks!!

I vaguely recognized the face, but wouldn't have come up with the name. He was a decent keeper and actually had a pretty successful career, but I'm glad that Roughie was our main man for so long.

1 minute ago, Jaggernaut said:

5a478df71fcd781a76f0fcbb72d08734.jpg.2afd307689880d74ee601f01e34ba68c.jpg

I've really no idea who these players are..... Looks like the early 70s.

It looks more like the mid-80’s strip and possibly a pre-season friendly going by the short sleeves worn by the fans. Not sure who the Jag is but I guess he’s scoring 

10 hours ago, Jag said:

Only player I can think of is Kenny McDowall. Mid 80's.

It looks more  like Mo Johnston than McDowall but I think both would have long gone by the time we used that strip. No idea at all about the goalie but could it be Man City as I’m sure they had a black keeper in the 80’s

4 hours ago, stuthejag said:

Not the best quality picture (from spot the ball)

Davie McParland on the left, Steve Chalmers for them and I think that's the main stand in the background ?

ScreenHunter_1113 Jan. 29 19.25.jpg

I loved that strip. Best ever. When a kid it was my favourite Christmas Present. 

Even had my photo taken on Christmas Day by  professional photographer. My face was beaming as I was so proud wearing it. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

Bobby Gray was my first thought too, with John Hansen a bit further back.

Doesn't look like Jackie Campbell..... Tommy Ewing, or was he away by then?

I thought he looked like John Hansen , but equally thought, going by the strip, it was too early for Hansen. Thought the guy on the right was too fair for Ewing - George O'Neill?

2 hours ago, Semi Nurainen said:

I thought he looked like John Hansen , but equally thought, going by the strip, it was too early for Hansen. Thought the guy on the right was too fair for Ewing - George O'Neill?

Davie McParland, Bobby Gray, John Hansen (joined the Jags in 1967 and played in the hooped jersey. I remember seeing him play in the old strip), and George O'Neill

3 hours ago, Semi Nurainen said:

Just looked at it again on my home computer this time.... I'm now not so sure it's Hansen either.

So, did McParland, Gray, Hansen and O'Neill all play together against them? It seems likely.