Who Are The Jags Players In This Photo?

Jaggernaut

18 hours ago, East Kent Jag II said:

I thought at first it was WillieThornton, but the badge reads "Racing Club ?"  Looks like he's checking someone's fingernails!!  He is also a bit plump for Willie

Whoever he is and whatever the occasion, it looks like a gigantic crowd.

On 7/27/2020 at 12:02 PM, Jaggernaut said:

That was a real injustice for McParland. I saw it, and remember talking to him about it in the AR Lounge around 15 years ago. He said he still couldn't believe it.

Just as an aside, apart from this match, does anyone remember Davie being sent off?

I saw him play a number of times when I first started going to see Thistle around 1968.  He wasn't the type of player who would be sent off, and I don't know for certain whether or not he was sent off before of after the Celtic game.

Interestingly East End Jag started a thread in November 2019  "What do you remember about....Davie McParland."  Good read.

The thread is on page 10 of the topic listing.

Edited by East Kent Jag II
Typo.page 10 info......

On 7/27/2020 at 9:30 AM, a f kincaid said:

If so, then this must be the Saturday before the Racing Club match at Hampden. 1-5 to Celtic 14/10/1967. This match in which Davie McParland was sent off for the mildest of "retaliation" after a bad foul by Willie Wallace (also sent off). 

Is it Di Stefano Stu?

It's the "Racing Club vice president" whoever that was

1 minute ago, East Kent Jag II said:

Is that (the late) Brian Whittaker at the far right of the back row, with Danny Kellachan beside him. Maurice Johnson at the back row left,  beside the white tracksuited coach?  Bobby Houston bottom left front row ?  Mr Britton hasn't changed at all.  Does he have a mirror in the attic?

That's Sandy Frame (in the white) next to Mo Jo.

9 minutes ago, East Kent Jag II said:

Is that (the late) Brian Whittaker at the far right of the back row, with Danny Kellachan beside him. Maurice Johnson at the back row left,  beside the white tracksuited coach?  Bobby Houston bottom left front row ?  Mr Britton hasn't changed at all.  Does he have a mirror in the attic?

That’s a youth team probably very early 80’s so I doubt if it’s any of the names you mentioned 

3 hours ago, a f kincaid said:

Tommy Ewing and Billy Ritchie doing their bit for Queen and Country.  Clearly not the Thistle trophy room!

Believe it or not, those were my guesses too.

This looks like an article from a 1970s programme, and is presumably the two players doing their national service.