Jaggernaut

Who Are The Jags Players In This Photo?

This one has probably been posted already. I'd love to think that this attempted clearance bounced off McNeill's knee and into the 'Tic net.

thumbnail_photo-107 copy.jpg

Can only find one match in which Tommy Rae and John Hansen played v Celtic at Firhill.  16 Feb 1970.  An all-too-familiar 1-5 thrashing  with Celtic reportedly not at their best.  If the numbers are correct it's John Brogan  and McNeill.  Hansen came on as a late sub so the photo is well into the match (Monday night).  Gemmell's goals were penalties.  Rae scored with a header @ 0-4.

Ritchie, Reid, Holt, Clark, Gray, Johnston, RAE, Smith, Flanagan, Bone. Lawrie.  (Hansen)

Williams, Craig, GEMMELL (2), Brogan, McNeill, Hay, JOHNSTONE, HOOD, Wallace, Lennox, Hughes.  (MACARI)

On 11/18/2019 at 9:16 PM, stuthejag said:

Anybody name the opposition ?

IMG_20191118_211359.jpg

Put me out my misery please Stu.

A wee bit of research suggests this is from 2-0 League Cup game v Motherwell in August 1981. Willie Gibson scored 2nd goal in that game.

As Jaggy states, Motherwell did have a kit like that. However, from 1979, Adidas were their kit suppliers. Although the shorts look like Adidas, the top is definitely Admiral, who were their kit suppliers in the previous years. Could it be they wore a mix of old kit and new kit that day to avoid clash?