Bye Bye Ally

i@n

According to Sky Sports News, 5 Newcastle players hunward bound, on loan! Sashley patently doing little to persuade the SFA that he doesn't have undue influence at Security Stadium.

and while everyone has been focused on the helter skelter of the transfer window, and the aftermath of their first ever game with the east end club, cashley has had the workmen in at mordor today.

10945683_10204352635110706_6809440648867057430_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoiYiJ9&oh=7fb0c03035f0b325c2e25d24f865e38f&oe=55209318&__gda__=1432788131_784b33630696287659c6e6fbf96f1035

• Like 1

I quite like billko's posts on here and think he gets a hard time - it must be hard being brought up a Rangers fan and then, only as an adult, realising all the filth that goes along with it. Same for Celtic fans. Quick question though - I know he plays for Thistle Weir but who does your son support? That's a pretty decent measure of whether you truly reject the filth that goes along with the OF rather than just paying lip service to it.

I say this as the son of a Rangers fan from a family of Celtic fans who took me to Parkhead a bit when I was younger (I'm a Catholic so it was expected) but is delighted that I chose Thistle. Indeed Firhill is the only stadium he's set foot in for the past 20 years now.

On the Rangers thing, forcing the manger to play loan players is clearly unacceptable. McDowall should resign in protest. Oh, wait...

How humiliating can it get for the Govan zombies; they are being dictated to to play almost half a team that have been shipped out of another club that isn't any great shakes.

. To be fair they wouldn't need to be any better than average to improve the current Sevco side

I suppose playing loan players even if they're falling short in performance is more common than you'd maybe think. The club taking the loan player may want to keep in with the source club. For that reason if you're safe mid table the temptation will be to play him. Fairly certain on occasion we'll have done just that. But to be told they must play that's not on.

Dearie, dearie me try as the might there is absolutely no way (that I can conceive of) for the 'Laptop Loyal' to cover this as anything, but what it is i.e. a total and utter humiliation and humbling, as if Sunday's game weren't enough.

Unfortunately, due to their constant antipathy to and not forgetting the complete lack of gumption and/or leadership exhibited by the SFA: no succour is likely to come from that source.

All in all, that club is frankly cream crackered together with any claims for moral or legal leadership made by the official SFA, who seem to have abrogated that role to Chick Dung et al.

Leaving aside the fact that we all enjoy a little chortle at the events down Ibrox way the SFA really need to intervene here. Ashley clearly has dual 'ownership' of both Newcastle and Rangers if not legally then certainly in actual practice. No club should be able to dictate what players another club plays. That sets a dangerous precedence on so many levels. I thought our relationship in the 80s with Chelsea and Ken Bates was dodgy but this is on a whole new level.

Edited by Tom Hosie
  • Like 2

The legality of having these players on loan isn’t really the issue though.

As I said previously it’s fun to have a laugh at the expense of those down at Ibrox (no crumbs falling off that master’s table any more) but the degree that one club has influence (control?) over another, right down to team selection, is potentially quite worrying.

It needn’t be a similar situation to that of Rangers and Ashley either.

What if Thistle established a relationship with an English Premiership side?

They send us some, decent, players on loan.

So far so good.

The team does well, as do the players, and so the number coming up from England to Firhill on loan grows.

Our English ‘partners’ then start to insist that we play these loan players no matter what.

At what stage would the loss of our autonomy over team selection compromise our separate identity? At what point would we cease to be Partick Thistle and become nothing more than a Scottish branch of the EPL side?

Rangers are now little more than a Glasgow branch of Newcastle United. Or perhaps more pertinently, little more than a Glasgow branch of Sports Direct.

If anything remotely similar happened at Firhill or if anything like I outlined above happened, I reckon that would be it for me.

Edited by Tom Hosie
  • Like 2

The difference is that the hypothetical English club you describe does not control the finances or management of Thistle, so the analogy is false. Ashley controls the finances and the day to day management of Sevco - he now also controls team selection. Even limited-ability-Lancaster must finally grasp that Ashley de facto control of Sevco.

The difference is that the hypothetical English club you describe does not control the finances or management of Thistle, so the analogy is false. Ashley controls the finances and the day to day management of Sevco - he now also controls team selection. Even limited-ability-Lancaster must finally grasp that Ashley de facto control of Sevco.

Unlikely, IMHO,this would require a significantly greater level of thought, not to mention resolve than the Scottish football Authorities have shown hitherto in their dealings over the entire Sevco farago.

Besides, I get the impression that Doncaster sees himself operating on behalf of those who own Scottish football clubs and certainly noat the plebs who actually pay to watch it.

This is something that the Laptop Loyal and the deluded followers of Sevco, would do well to remind themselves of.

The legality of having these players on loan isn’t really the issue though.

As I said previously it’s fun to have a laugh at the expense of those down at Ibrox (no crumbs falling off that master’s table any more) but the degree that one club has influence (control?) over another, right down to team selection, is potentially quite worrying.

It needn’t be a similar situation to that of Rangers and Ashley either.

What if Thistle established a relationship with an English Premiership side?

They send us some, decent, players on loan.

So far so good.

The team does well, as do the players, and so the number coming up from England to Firhill on loan grows.

Our English ‘partners’ then start to insist that we play these loan players no matter what.

At what stage would the loss of our autonomy over team selection compromise our separate identity? At what point would we cease to be Partick Thistle and become nothing more than a Scottish branch of the EPL side?

Rangers are now little more than a Glasgow branch of Newcastle United. Or perhaps more pertinently, little more than a Glasgow branch of Sports Direct.

If anything remotely similar happened at Firhill or if anything like I outlined above happened, I reckon that would be it for me.

The problem for Seco fans is that instead of actually doing anything about it they've figuratively sat about on their backsides, blaming everyone else for their troubles: whilst awaiting the arrival of a big blue knight (we'll call him for the sake of illustrative purposes) galloping along the Copeland Road on a big white horse to the rescue of 'ra peepil'.

Unfortunately, as most adults will tend to agree fairy tails and business tend not to mix!

• Like 1

The problem for Seco fans is that instead of actually doing anything about it they've figuratively sat about on their backsides, blaming everyone else for their troubles: whilst awaiting the arrival of a big blue knight (we'll call him for the sake of illustrative purposes) galloping along the Copeland Road on a big white horse to the rescue of 'ra peepil'.

Unfortunately, as most adults will tend to agree fairy tails and business tend not to mix!

You talk some amount of shite for being an adult